Problems playing WMAs on Eclipse 8454....help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hokee

Austin
Hello all,

I just recently acquired and installed an Eclipse 8454. Looks great and plays mostly fine. I can play FM/AM, MP3s, and normal/original CDs; however, I'm having lots of problems getting the HU to play WMAs. I download my WMAs from Musicmatch.com. I then burn these to CDs which the HU should be able to play. The HU says it is reading the CD then just sits there. Here is the odd thing. I ripped an original CD and create 160kbps WMAs and then burned those WMAs to a CD. The HU plays that CD fine. Sooooo, it appears that the HU has problems playing the WMAs I download form Musicmatch.com Anyone have any suggestions or have similar problems playing WMAs??? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you place your music in folders or just on the CD? The reason I ask is I have an 8454 and it will play any and all music as long as I odn't place the music in a folder on the cd when I burn it.

Hello all,I just recently acquired and installed an Eclipse 8454. Looks great and plays mostly fine. I can play FM/AM, MP3s, and normal/original CDs; however, I'm having lots of problems getting the HU to play WMAs. I download my WMAs from Musicmatch.com. I then burn these to CDs which the HU should be able to play. The HU says it is reading the CD then just sits there. Here is the odd thing. I ripped an original CD and create 160kbps WMAs and then burned those WMAs to a CD. The HU plays that CD fine. Sooooo, it appears that the HU has problems playing the WMAs I download form Musicmatch.com Anyone have any suggestions or have similar problems playing WMAs??? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
thatta boy!!

The burning speed plays a big roll in the HU play back , check the manual, it will tell ya the min and max burning speed in kps,

PS: just burn them in MP3 (or is there a difference in quality??) i heard that some HU plays only specific frequencies when playin back an MP3 track, is that true??

wish u luck

Hi sleepr,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have tried placing the WMAs in a folders and without folders. In both cases, the same things results. Hmmmm....very strange. Anyone know if WMAs might have some type of protection that could prevent a player from playing it back? Also, you said that you've played all types of music, so you haven't had any problems playing WMAs then? Thanks!

Hi Bass Outlaw,

All WMAs have been burned to CD with 160kps bitrate. That bitrate is within the specifications for what the HU can read. Thanks!

Anymore ideas or hints?

The burning speed plays a big roll in the HU play back , check the manual, it will tell ya the min and max burning speed in kps,
PS: just burn them in MP3 (or is there a difference in quality??) i heard that some HU plays only specific frequencies when playin back an MP3 track, is that true??

wish u luck

the burning speed plays no role in the playback, manuals wont have a bitrate playback compatibility issue *bitrate is a music quality measurement*

mp3 and wma both have different bitrates. so each can be as high quality as the other. just different extension names *mpg vs avi is the same concept* HUs play all frequencies whether it be a cd or mp3 cd, as long as the song puts out the freq. mp3s are much smaller in file size, and they do have less of a freq range b/c they cutoff the higher frequencies when compressing.

uncompressed audio data is wav format, much liek bitmap format for images. when u rip a cd it takes the full range of freqs and cuts off some of the higher frequencies that you cant hear. it also comrpesses the file by compression methods. it uses digits and patterns to be saved as keys like functions in a program. then the pattern is saved as 1 and each time the pattern needs to be repeated, it only has to use that key to call it back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.