Putting my massive audio hippo 15 in a vented enclosure tuned to 33hz. Problem is...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so here is the deal. I recently purchased a pre fab ground shaker box(I know I know pre fab ewwww) that is 2 cf vented tuned to 33hz for my massive audio hippo 15. Problem is have is space. I have a standard cab pickup truck bUT I gotta have that BASS. I know for sure that box is too small for my sub. My concern is, am I going to damage my sub? Or will I just not be happy with the output. I have a jvc head unit. Skar audio 6×8's in the doors (I forget what model but they are dope af) high output alternator. Our gauge power and ground. 3.5 farad capacitor (I know I know again... caps **** but anyhow) and a skar audio rp2000.1d amplifier.

Oh I also have a massive audio summo 15 not even broken in that I'm not using. 2 old school kenwood 12's that are a bit beat up but still bump in custom fiberglass enclosures. A set of brand new kenwood 6×8's I'm not using. A set of almost new Rockford Fosgate 6×8's that I'm not using. A dual 4 channel amp that I'm not using. 800 watts peak not rms I forget the rms rating. A 4 gauge wiring kit I'm not using, annnnd a hifonics Brutus brx 2416.1d amplifier that is basically brand new that I'm not using lol. Oh and a skar audio vd 15 shallow mount (was gonna do a build with 4 of those but I missed my hippo too much?) in the shallow mount truck box. And last I have 2 labyrinth port spl enclosures that are tuned to 32hz and have a 3.05cf of air space I think is what they were. The boxes need to have some screws added because they were made like **** pretty fab. I'm only listing these things because someone might have ideas of how I could add some of them I to what I am running now orrr in case anyone is interested in buying something from me. My main concern is my question about my enclosure being to small for my power hungry hippo.

That box is too small for that sub, you would usually need about 3-3.5cuft net, after sub and port displacement, to properly utilize a 15. A cap is not recommended, or needed, especially since you have the high amp alt, and if not already, an agm battery under the hood, an in back near the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.