Quality of Installation on Secuirty Systems

bump for good info and maybe a sticky?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Yeah, the guy doing my alarm now is an electronics genius and very meticulous about doing everything just right. I looked him up and told him I would pay him by the hour to do it right. Everything is taken apart, well hidden, soldered and heat shrinked. So far he has been at it for about 12 hours and is just getting started. He will be working on it again tommorow. I may need to call visa for a credit extension before its done, but it wiil be done right.

12 hours and the next day? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif He's not milking you is he?

Yeah, the guy doing my alarm now is an electronics genius and very meticulous about doing everything just right. I looked him up and told him I would pay him by the hour to do it right. Everything is taken apart, well hidden, soldered and heat shrinked. So far he has been at it for about 12 hours and is just getting started. He will be working on it again tommorow. I may need to call visa for a credit extension before its done, but it wiil be done right.

hes not doing something right if he's into you for 12 hours for a 3 hour job

It's an awesome post! I'd follow your instruction! Millions of thx! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Good write up. This is my first year doing multiple starters & alarms. I'm getting better each and every one. I need to start taking pictures of the hack job installs I fix
Yeah, I can't tell you how many crappy installs come in.

Its funny you can invest as much money as you want into a 12hour install but at the end of the day a tow truck and 12" drill bit and your vehicle is gone. Gps tracking i believe is the way to go. Any remote start/ alarm install should be condsidered that an alarm, not security any time on a newer car you install a key bypass rather data or conventional key in the box your just making it easier to steal.

Hey guys, I had my alarm done by a Audio Express... Home of the 1 Dollar Install. (1 dollar but all the parts are WAY overpriced to even out) they are a very popular store in the west and they are everywhere.

I got the brand Code Alarm (probably a cheap one) but was sold in store. They had it, and Viper. I couldn't afford Viper cuz everything had just been jacked and I was spending insurance money to get Alarm, and a few parts to "start" my new build since some looser took it all.

Kassidy, you seem to totally know what your doing here.. I have a regular alarm with all the doors having contacts, as well as a sound trigger, and vibration trigger (whatever you call it) wind, motorcycles over 20 ft away. they all set it off. and I also have the tilt thing in case someone tries to tow it.. All this but it's still not that great of a system.

I'm wondering since all the light, and horn, and blinker relays are already ran. Would I be able to spend the money on a better alarm or a Viper with a Pager and just replace the Brain and then add the new parts. or would it require a complete new install?

Also do you have any pointers for me to check on if I have a cheap job done. they had my truck for about 4 1/2 hours but they might of had other things going on.. I'm worried they did a cheapo job and wanna check n see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.