Question about Amp/speaker combo wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Torrimac

Hello folks,

I am good with general wiring for the most part but for what ever reason I get totally lost when it comes to amp/speaker wiring.

Let me show you what I have. Links inserted and hopefully work so you can see the 2 components (inducers and amp).

I am using 4 Aura Bass Shaker and have them connected in Parallel connected to the rear outputs on my Sony Amp I am using Low level input from my pioneer head uint. I have 4 GA power wire running from the power block on my 2006 Silverado extended cab and a 4 GA ground wire bolted directly to the frame of the truck. The shakers are in parallel 2 on the right channel and 2 on the left channel. The front outputs/inputs on the amp are empty and doing nada. Oh yea. the speaker wire is 12 or 10 GA wire. not sure exactly but bigger than normal.

My problem is the amp gets HOT HOT after just a couple minutes of thumping and im not sure why. I want to run all 4 of the shakers as they are the only form of bass that I have in the truck. Im not into having super loud system i just want some "feel" while im in it. Not into others hearing what I am listening to from across town.

Have I wired this up wrong? If so what should I do different.

Torrimac

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.