Question about box plans

Participant count
  • Participant list
For a basic ported box (such as those in the "Free Enclosure Designs" thread), it should not matter where you make the cutout. Sometimes it may be a bad idea to place the sub too close (ie. if the port area is very large) to the port or in a location that is obstructed from the port (ie. if the box has complex bracing or a complex shape). For a basic box though anywhere should work.

BC is spot on. As a matter of principle, try not to mount the sub directly firing into the port. You need to excite and pressurize the air in the box, THEN have it travel down the port, not just fire right into the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
Yeah I'm in a circle right now too. I'm going to use 3/4" birch so I don't want to build it twice, stuff ain't cheap.
Emphasis added. The answer is, because you can also see DCR at other frequencies and because low impedance is extremely torturous on...
Common chambered sealed or ported is fine. Just make sure you have sufficient bracing
LOL - mine was a higher end model too - iirc deh-9300. Low mileage too, it was sitting around for year collecting dust.

About this thread

audiobahngods

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
audiobahngods
Clover, S.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date