Question about wiring and amp??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xplrgirl03

USA
Hi everyone,

I got a sound system installed about 5 years ago at Circuit City. Here is a silly page I made back when I first had it installed that has all of the details on the equipment: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/728585/4

I have infinity speakers in all 4 doors, an alpine deck, MTX amp and two 12" MTX subs.

It's been great until recently when my right front door speaker started cutting in and out frequently when I would ride over bumps in the road, etc. I took it to Best Buy.

Since Circuit City can't cover their warranty work now I had to pay almost $100 for the guy to troubleshoot and he replaced the wire running from the amp to the speakers on that side. However, after about two days, it started cutting out again but this time it cut in and out randomly, not when I ran over bumpy surfaces.

I took it back and he said the speaker is fine and the wire is fine. He also said he checked the ground and it was touching metal and carpet so he put it completely on metal.

He thinks my amp is going bad. He said I can replace the amp (expensive) or he could put the speaker wiring back to factory (run the wires from head unit to speakers instead of going through amp.

He said the 2channel part of the amp, which my subs use, is fine, and that everything else would be the same.

I'm not familiar with all of this stuff so can anyone please give me their opinion on the situation?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.