Question regarding channels on head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skaladushka

CarAudio.com Newbie
Russia
Hi

A little noob here. Please help.

I have a question for you. My headunit is the Pioneer MVH-S200DAB.

I have just bought an active subwoofer to put in the car. In my car I have 4 RCA outputs on the back of the radio. 1 front and 1 rear / SUB.

The thing is that I have 4 speakers that run over the ISO connector, ie directly from the HU without an amplifier, and without using the RCA's.

I would then take the phono out from the REAR / SUB output to the subwoofer and then continue to have the 4 speakers running directly from HU.

But in the manual I see that it says 4 channels for front and rear OR 2 channels front and 1 SUB.

But is it only the RCA output that this attends to (because of course it is logical you can not have both at once) or do I lose signal to my rear speakers now if I put the SUB in the output at the back?

Because I can not find information on Google, have searched. And in the manual for radio, I can not decipher it, because there is something it calls speaker leads and then it mentions RCA separately. It's a bit confusing to me.

My belief is that I still want 4 speakers that work but am now just in doubt ??

Hi

A little noob here. Please help.

I have a question for you. My headunit is the Pioneer MVH-S200DAB.

I have just bought an active subwoofer to put in the car. In my car I have 4 RCA outputs on the back of the radio. 1 front and 1 rear / SUB.

The thing is that I have 4 speakers that run over the ISO connector, ie directly from the HU without an amplifier, and without using the RCA's.

I would then take the phono out from the REAR / SUB output to the subwoofer and then continue to have the 4 speakers running directly from HU.

But in the manual I see that it says 4 channels for front and rear OR 2 channels front and 1 SUB.

But is it only the RCA output that this attends to (because of course it is logical you can not have both at once) or do I lose signal to my rear speakers now if I put the SUB in the output at the back?

Because I can not find information on Google, have searched. And in the manual for radio, I can not decipher it, because there is something it calls speaker leads and then it mentions RCA separately. It's a bit confusing to me.

My belief is that I still want 4 speakers that work but am now just in doubt ??
That does sound a little confusing. My head unit also has front and rear channels, and one for a sub. I didn't lose my rear channels when I connected the sub. If you already have your speakers wired through the radio, I don't see why you would lose your rear speakers, by using the rear out/sub RCA cables. However, the manual for your head unit does imply that you have an either/or situation.

The easy way to check is to connect your sub and see if you lose your rear channel. Unless someone on this forum has experience with your particular head unit. If you do lose your rear channel, let us know. There are ways around that.
Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.