Quick answer on two dvc subs wiring into 1 ohm stable amp

wdelarme

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I have two 2ohm dvc subs that I’m trying to wire into an xs6600 Phoenix gold. What is the best way to wire them? I’m thinking both subs coils in series then both subs wired in parallel and bridged on the amp subwoofer channel. I think that will be 1 ohm. Does that sound right?

Na I’ll wire each subs two voice coils in series should be 4 ohms total per sub. So if each sub at the amp is run in parallel and bridged. I thinks it’s one ohm

Na I’ll wire each subs two voice coils in series should be 4 ohms total per sub. So if each sub at the amp is run in parallel and bridged. I thinks it’s one ohm
It'll be a 2 ohm nominal load if series/parallel is used, if the amp is a multichannel and bridged on a pair of channels into a 2 ohm nominal load, the bridged channels will each "see" 1 ohm but not many multichannel/2ch amps are rated 2 ohm bridged and will last.
Idk if that amp is capable or going to like that load.
just FYI op... good luck

This is actually a question that can be answered on Google like seriously. Google 2 dvc subs wiring. I think he may have not planned his setup out the right. I almost did the same thing but when i spend my hard earned cash I research heavily. I almost bought 2ohm dvc subs for mono block amp I already owned when in fact the 4ohm subs fit what I was running more ideal. Also Im a strong believer in 1 channel amps for subs and multi channel for everything else but that just me.

Lmao another know it all noob.

No need to help, he already has the answers on his own!
It'll be a 2 ohm nominal load if series/parallel is used, if the amp is a multichannel and bridged on a pair of channels into a 2 ohm nominal load, the bridged channels will each "see" 1 ohm but not many multichannel/2ch amps are rated 2 ohm bridged and will last.
Idk if that amp is capable or going to like that load.
just FYI op... good luck

Yes you are correct! I’ll prob wire them at 2 ohm on channel 5,6 on the amp. The manual shows it’s 1 ohm stable though

Maybe you should lay off the daily weed smoking?

maybe if the answer was correct? Shredder2 knew what I was talking about.

maybe if the answer was correct your comment would be warranted. But it was wrong. Shredder2 was correct..fwiw I’m only a noob on this forum.

Just buy a real mono/"2" ch amp. It would be better for your subs anyway, and the power supplied by that amp is barely enough for the subs. There's a ton of mon amps out there ranging from $100 to $10k

I have two 2ohm dvc subs that I’m trying to wire into an xs6600 Phoenix gold. What is the best way to wire them? I’m thinking both subs coils in series then both subs wired in parallel and bridged on the amp subwoofer channel. I think that will be 1 ohm. Does that sound right?
No. That will give you a 2 ohm load. Each sub in series is 4ohms, then paralleled to the other sub returns it to 2ohms. You are better off using only one sub. Your sub channels are rated at 150x2@2ohms or 300x1@4ohms. No way you can use both efficiently. Also, experience tells me that most dual 2 ohm subs are high power units. So your amp may not be enough to make one sing, much less two.

No. That will give you a 2 ohm load. Each sub in series is 4ohms, then paralleled to the other sub returns it to 2ohms. You are better off using only one sub. Your sub channels are rated at 150x2@2ohms or 300x1@4ohms. No way you can use both efficiently. Also, experience tells me that most dual 2 ohm subs are high power units. So your amp may not be enough to make one sing, much less two.

Stop reviving dead post... 8 in an hour....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.