Quick Q about adding set of subs to a box and how it affects tuning

JakeM
10+ year member

Houston
I have two 4.14cuft boxes (theyre actually one big box with a divider down the middle) so the entire box is about 8.28cuft. Anyway i have the subs inverted on the top of the box and its tuned to 36hz. What affect would there be if I added two more subs to the from of the box so there are two subs sharing the same 4.14cuft of airspace? I can post pics if I didnt explain it well enough.

it would create an isobaric style alignment. which would make the woofers think they are seeing double the airspace, which i dont know how it would react in a ported type application.

i dont think you would need that much airspace though... in my oppinion, you will be better off just leaving it as it is.

theyre 15's, so no one can give me a definent answer?

heres a picture of what I have. I want to mount my two new ones on the front regular, not inverted

DSCF6830.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.