RCA Wire Interference From Amp Power Wire

EmpiricalApe

CarAudio.com Regular
I recently figured out that my subwoofer buzz is from my RCA wires being ran along my Amp power wire, or at least an issue with the rca wire along the way. Is there any way to test that specific rca wire to see if it is for sure just interference from the power wire, without re-running the rcas first. Or a way to stop that interference without moving the rcas. There's not really anywhere else in my car to run rcas other than where I have them currently.

I recently figured out that my subwoofer buzz is from my RCA wires being ran along my Amp power wire, or at least an issue with the rca wire along the way. Is there any way to test that specific rca wire to see if it is for sure just interference from the power wire, without re-running the rcas first. Or a way to stop that interference without moving the rcas. There's not really anywhere else in my car to run rcas other than where I have them currently.
Honestly I'd just run them on the opposite side...my power runs tucked along the drivers side and my rca runs on the passenger side...

There's gotta be a way. You can run RCAs and power wire, under the door channels, under the carpet, you can run wire up the pillars and across the roof.

Most people can just run em on different side of the door channels.

Honestly I'd just run them on the opposite side...my power runs tucked along the drivers side and my rca runs on the passenger side... power and rcas are on the opposite side for the mids and highs
I have a mids and highs amp on the opposite side, so there is already power wire and rcas ran to the trunk. I know the smart thing to do would be to just put the power wires and the signal wires on opposite sides for both amps, but the driver side trim barely went back on with the 0 guage power wire, so I really don't think it will go back with 0 gauge and 8 gauge runs.

I like to run my power down either side and my RCAs down the middle from the deck with the Remote wire. I thought you stated that your damaged /Cut RCAs you repaired were the issue with the humming ect. and you tried another set outside the vehicle and the new were fine? Most RCAs are shielded pretty good these days as well as the Power wiring jacket fairly thick to keep from issues being laid side by side, Have you just tried running the new ones laid beside the power wiring yet to test without putting all the paneling back in?.You can usually put power wiring or Rcas , One upper door seal and the Rcas just below the carpet tucked in and use a small sheet of 1/4" -1/2 foam on top of each other where they cross in the rear has worked for me in the past in a 92 Integra

Do you have a spare set of RCAs? Just unplug the one thats ran, and lay the new one away from it, and plug it in.
yeah that's exactly what I did, but my rcas that are in use are kinda damaged, so i didn't want to assume it's because of that, replace it, and then still have the issue. I was hoping there was a way to test for power wire interference so I could know if it's interference and i need to move them, damaged rcas, or both.

Tucking either the RCAs or Power wiring below the Door seal in the carpet area will be approx 4-8" away from each other and be just fine man. It will be that one location wheer they meet in the Rear if they cross to use a little square foam piece to separate them. Like that Black cell foam at Hdepot or Hobby Lobby in small sheets tape it down or tape around the power or RCAs even. That way you dont have to rip anything out except the old RCAs that you found that were the noise issue you repaired.

You could prob get a couple sheets and do both side for the RCAs down the carpet area and use Zip Ties rather than tape too but dont get them super tight man. give them room to still move a little bit ya know

what exactly do you mean by that? I'm sitting here right now trying to figure it out so I can try really quick.

If you have damaged RCA's I'd just replace them. I've run RCA cables down the transmission tunnel. Personally I usually run my RCAs with my power and then bundle and tie any excess RCA to the power cable without causing noise issues. It's actually pretty hard to induct noise off a 12vdc power line.

If you have damaged RCA's I'd just replace them. I've run RCA cables down the transmission tunnel. Personally I usually run my RCAs with my power and then bundle and tie any excess RCA to the power cable without causing noise issues. It's actually pretty hard to induct noise off a 12vdc power line.

That was a really informative read man.!!Thank you!!

That was a really informative read man.!!Thank you!!
Eddie has a lot of good stuff on his page. Good source for adapters, dash kits, etc too. That's where I get a lot of stuff, he's one of the OG's that's still around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...