• RD Alpha V.2

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • RD Elite SPL V.2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

funkycasey
10+ year member

Arkansas
Well, I am going to be buying two 15" subs, and wanted to know which would be better in my setup, the RD Alpha V.2 or the RD Elite SPL V.2. If I go with the alpha, then i would get the flat-wind option to increase the power handling to 2000RMS.

I will be powering with two Zapco C2K 9.0XD's which are rated for 2200watts RMS, but are capable of putting out more than that with ease.

I am looking for a mix of SPL and a bit of SQ and will be putting the subs in a ported box. So, which would be best for my application?

OH, and where do i buy RD subwoofers anyway? I know you can get them cheaper somewhere else besides off of their website.... someone post a few links to stores that sell RD

HW SQL would be ftw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Wait, so you are saying the Heavyweight would be the best? I don't have enough power to push that, though....and im not gonna sell my amps to get a bigger one any time soon....

well seeing as the alpha and the elite spl share the same motor. the only difference is that the elite has more spiders, id go alpha with copper coils and 2 spiders

im pretty sure they dont do the elite spl anymore, and i thought they all came with alum coils

id do the alpha with 2 spiders and fw

I think they still have Single Spider alphas rated at 1200rms

Anyways - Elite SPL is for a lower power SPL application - the woofer isnt made for daily listening.

Get the Alphas. You'll enjoy.

So wait, when i go on the RD website and see their RD Alpha V.2 15" subs going for $559.00 retail, does that mean for the one with one spider, or the one that can take 2000watts RMS?

i usually talk to kevin on yahoo, but i havnt seen him on since like friday. and i dont see a need for flat wind, kevin let me demo one in my car and i had my aq2200d on it. it was the aq version with no flat wind

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...