re audio V.S. Image Dynamics for components

knightmare

i just want to here a few opinions of each brand and specifically the RE audio xxx components and ID's highest level component set. how noticable are the mids/lows for each set. and has anyone noticed any harshness or overly bright tweeter action with either of these sets. please let me know if you have heard them first hand. if not, i don't mind you giving out your opinion or even what a friend of a friend has told you about them. i would just like to konw where you are coming from with your judgment. thanks,

btw, i am new if you didn't notice. thanks for reading, hello to everyone!

exactly. except i can't find any to hear so i am ganan have to hear what others are saying about them. i guess thats why the major store brands sell more... people can hear them and be comfortable buying them then. I would hate to drop 350-500 for a set that isn't what i was looking for.

exactly. except i can't find any to hear so i am ganan have to hear what others are saying about them. i guess thats why the major store brands sell more... people can hear them and be comfortable buying them then. I would hate to drop 350-500 for a set that isn't what i was looking for.
You might have more luck on the ID forum

Image Dynamics Forums

RE has lowered its standards of quality more and more over the years, you must remember this is not the same RE company it was 5 years ago. RE is now mass produced in China and no longer made in the states. I would go with the ID's over the RE any day, the ID's have slamming midbass and really detailed, smooth tweeters. The XS comps are geared towards sound quality and accuracy.

No idea about XXX, ID make good sub but not their component, if you got $500 to spend get the HAT Clarus (good stuff).
I disagree with this fellow. I have ID cx62 mids and have listened to the xs65s..... both are amazing. The midbass is abundant with 70-250 rms per mid in both sets. I do not have the nx90 tweets, but i the tweets that came in the xs set was very smooth and natural.

Image Dynamics makes very quality everything pretty much. Their amps, tweeters, horns, mids, and subwoofers are all great! I have not heard a set of their horns, but lots of people run them for SQ. I have heard/used many different IDQs and IDmax not really the IDs or their reference level stuff, but im sure they arent too bad either.

No idea about XXX, ID make good sub but not their component, if you got $500 to spend get the HAT Clarus (good stuff).
gotta disagree as well. To say ID doesn't make good components is stupid - their stuff is definitely good. HAT is nice as well, but I wouldn't dismiss ID.

I ran a set of XS65 before, i like the tweeter (soft) mid bass are ok but the mid range sound like sh*t, compare to a set of KRX2 i am running right now is night and day, say what you want to say, never run ID stuff.

for what i understand the higher up stuff from re audio is still well made And u.s. based. i don;t care if a company makes there cheaper stuff in china... makes sense... IT's THERE CHEAP STUFF. the new ax level amps are no worse than there older ones from what i am seeing and hearing so i don;t see whay there subs and speakers would get worse if you stay in the higher range of things.

seems like no one has anything on re xxx comps but as i was expecting everyone says good things about the ID stuff. what other speaker brands or levels were they similar too and are they worth the money or would you guys buy somthing else? i am seeing HAT and Focal are things to consider so far....

and what about DD's full range speakers any good? thinking of doing all four door speakers with DD full range speakers and then adding a comp set up front as well? any rreasons not too?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.