Rebooting and Signal loos issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

pops848

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi all,

new to the forum and I’m already after some guidance please. After searching for answers in various places I couldn’t find a solution to my problem so I’m hoping someone here might be able to help.

I’ve recently installed a Pioneer SPH-230DAB into a friends van, in line with a speaker upgrade an in line amplifier and a separate active sub.
A great upgrade on what was installed as factory.

All went well from an install perspective and it’s working as it should initially. However, we’ve since discovered that DAB and Bluetooth phone calls cut out above 48mph and then return below this speed.
In addition, every time the van uses it’s start stop capability the headunit loses power and reboots.

My thoughts are the unit should not reboot during the start stop cycle, the OEM unit did not and therefore why should an aftermarket?
I’ve checked the constant and ignition power, they are correct but have considered bridging them, would this have any negative impact or is a potential solution? Understanding the radio could always be drawing on the battery though.

I’m stumped for the DAB and phone signal, that shouldn’t cut out as far as I’m aware, could anyone offer some advice on this one please as all my searching for answers comes up with 0

TIA

Hi all,

new to the forum and I’m already after some guidance please. After searching for answers in various places I couldn’t find a solution to my problem so I’m hoping someone here might be able to help.

I’ve recently installed a Pioneer SPH-230DAB into a friends van, in line with a speaker upgrade an in line amplifier and a separate active sub.
A great upgrade on what was installed as factory.

All went well from an install perspective and it’s working as it should initially. However, we’ve since discovered that DAB and Bluetooth phone calls cut out above 48mph and then return below this speed.
In addition, every time the van uses it’s start stop capability the headunit loses power and reboots.

My thoughts are the unit should not reboot during the start stop cycle, the OEM unit did not and therefore why should an aftermarket?
I’ve checked the constant and ignition power, they are correct but have considered bridging them, would this have any negative impact or is a potential solution? Understanding the radio could always be drawing on the battery though.

I’m stumped for the DAB and phone signal, that shouldn’t cut out as far as I’m aware, could anyone offer some advice on this one please as all my searching for answers comes up with 0

TIA
It sounds as if the constant and ignition leads are swapped. Change them and see if that solves both issues. Phone cutoff over x speed is awkward. Test a different phone, may be a software issue.

It sounds as if the constant and ignition leads are swapped. Change them and see if that solves both issues. Phone cutoff over x speed is awkward. Test a different phone, may be a software issue.

Yeah I thought that too, so I swapped them but then lost memory of the unit and it started up as a brand new unit every time.

Potentially thinking of bridging the constant and ignition to keep memory but also keep it running when engine restarts.

Yeah I thought that too, so I swapped them but then lost memory of the unit and it started up as a brand new unit every time.

Potentially thinking of bridging the constant and ignition to keep memory but also keep it running when engine restarts.
Getting a Haynes manual for the van to view the wiring diagrams for the headunit area may be useful. It seems like the constant power wire is potentially the root of both issues. There are a number of things that use relays or transistors on the inside of the head unit to bridge the b+ another one of the wires and my guess is that the only reason it works is because a relay is engaged to allow the path to b+ but these events you're noticing are changing the state of the relay. Double check all of the wires behind the receiver carefully to make sure they match.

Getting a Haynes manual for the van to view the wiring diagrams for the headunit area may be useful. It seems like the constant power wire is potentially the root of both issues. There are a number of things that use relays or transistors on the inside of the head unit to bridge the b+ another one of the wires and my guess is that the only reason it works is because a relay is engaged to allow the path to b+ but these events you're noticing are changing the state of the relay. Double check all of the wires behind the receiver carefully to make sure they match.

Thanks for the help,

Unfortunately no haynes manual is available, so I've bought a workshop manual instead. It's no where near as detailed and is also >2000 pages and the search functions are limited, however yes that is my next move.

I've only used standard connector blocks, Connects2 ISO patch harness and a steering wheel stalk box also.
This might help me in the root cause of these problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.