Recommend me a sub

bamaster
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I currently have two JL 8W7's in a sealed box. It sounds nice but the box is too big... even though there's more room in my trunk than this pic shows. One complaint that I have with the JL's is that they don't seem to hit very low.

http://www.amerigo.com/caraudio/stereo01.jpg

I would like to have one enclosure on the side of my trunk. I'm guessing around 1.0 cf. I'd like a great 10" but I've been thinking of a 12".

I currently have three amps, one powers my components and the other two power each 8W7. So I'd like to ditch the 8W7's and one of those amps. So my new sub would be powered by one Sundown SAX-125.2 (400w X 1 @ 4 Ohms).

So what sub... money not an issue... fits in about 1cf sealed, hits low, and would perform well with only 400w? Thanks in advance!

Sound quality with good output. At least as good as can be had with only 400w. heh

I was thinking of an Image Dynamics IDMax. But I thought I'd open it up to some suggestions.

Why not try a ported box for the JL's? Will get low if in the right ported box I bet.
The box is too big. And I'm trying to eliminate one of my amps. Three is too many. I wish that new JL Audio HD900/5 amp (150x2 + 600x1) was out already. That would be perfect.

Depend on what type of music your will listen. rap rock?
Mostly rock and hip hop.

What's with the spam tag of yours? Sales Tracking Software? Trying to fluff your page ranking?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.