Recommend me some budget 6" coaxials :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

jolly_26
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, need to get some coaxials for my MR2, have a max mounting depth of 60mm, would like something that will get decently loud for the price and sound good. Won't be running subs at all (sad, I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif ) so preferably something that can hit some low notes well too. Have an amp that can give 65 watts rms at 4 ohms or 120 at 2 ohms, was possibly thinking some 2 ohm speakers?

Was eyeing up some Alpine type Rs, but I'm sure there is better out there for the price given that Alpine is such a large brand? Would actually prefer something even cheaper though, I'm a Uni student haha and shipping to NZ is a killer.

You ever ran B&C shit or only selenium?
Ive never personally installed any, but heard a ton of it. Ive always ran Eminence mids and Selenium tweeters. Coming up real soon Im going to be running some Peavey 15s and 12s in my doors though, so that should be interesting.

Anyway, the B&C stuff is nice, but as far as Im concerned, I can get my Eminence to sound just as clean/loud for 1/3 the price. When I had my Delta 10s and ST350s, I was shitting on people in loudness and overall quality because I was running active on my 880PRS with a nice Lanzar Optidrive amplifier compared to just loading up a bunch of B&C 10s and Audiopipe tweeters all ran passive on Hifonics amps.

As for cheap coaxials, these should sound pretty good for the money. And like you asked, they come in 2ohm.

JBL P662 Full Range Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Ive never personally installed any, but heard a ton of it. Ive always ran Eminence mids and Selenium tweeters. Coming up real soon Im going to be running some Peavey 15s and 12s in my doors though, so that should be interesting.
Anyway, the B&C stuff is nice, but as far as Im concerned, I can get my Eminence to sound just as clean/loud for 1/3 the price. When I had my Delta 10s and ST350s, I was shitting on people in loudness and overall quality because I was running active on my 880PRS with a nice Lanzar Optidrive amplifier compared to just loading up a bunch of B&C 10s and Audiopipe tweeters all ran passive on Hifonics amps.

As for cheap coaxials, these should sound pretty good for the money. And like you asked, they come in 2ohm.

Those JBL are some good speakers for the money..I put a set in my brothers old chevy (72)truck,and sound great on an old school Hifonics Pluto

Although you want coaxial's the RE xxx comps dig dirty low. They are not the best sounding for the money but, will produce quite a bit of bass.

Those JBL are some good speakers for the money..I put a set in my brothers old chevy (72)truck,and sound great on an old school Hifonics Pluto
How would these go against some of the Incriminator Audio 6.5 coaxs? The pricing for both is similar, but I like the look of that 2 ohm option, can run them at their rated power much more cleanly then. Have been offered the Incriminator Audio 6.5s by a member on here, and have only heard good things about them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.