Recommendation for Bi-Amped 6.5 Componenets or crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

six6nine9wpk

Wash, DC
I'm kind of new to the whole car audio scene so bear with me. I have a JL Audio GS6600 6 channel amp left over from my last build. I plan on buying some component 6.5 for my Chevy Avalanche. Somebody recommended that I purchase bi-amp capable speakers so that I could utilize all 6 of my channels. I also want the capability adjust the gains on my speakers. The only issue is I cant find any stock bi-amp capable speakers. I've read that all component speakers are bi-amp capable, because its not the speaker that makes the difference its the crossover. Well to make a long story short I need bi-amp speaker recommendations or either somebody to elaborate on how I can make regular set of component speakers bi-amp capable (what crossover I need to purchase, wiring etc...)?

Thanks in advance

Why biamp what are you looking for out of the speakers

the memphis mcc6 are awesome for getting loud but lack midbass from past experiences. But I biamped them with the head unit to run timealignment on the tweets and mids and they sounded great.

ran them bi amped at 75w on the tweets and 150 on the mids and they were extremely loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.