Red Top Woes (pics)

swangandbang
10+ year member

I bought an optima red top and tried to fit it onto my nissan 2003 altima, but the terminal won't fit onto the post. I need to have about 2.5" of clearance, but I unfortunately have less than 2 inches //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Anyone know where I can buy just a longer terminal and replace the terminal in the 3rd pic with it?

dscn0293la6.jpg

dscn0296jj9.jpg

dscn0297pe9.jpg

well, that looks pretty simple. get a 3 " length of 1/0, unbolt the terminal, install it inbetween the factory wire and the factory terminal. you don't even have to cut anything.

it appears that the female part of that unit will come apart if you remove the nut with the blue stripe on it... get a small length of 1/0 and make a "jumper." The automotive store will probably have adaptors too... This is one of those fun projects when you learn to be a lil more creative. LOL!

get a new battery post and jsut wire the factory wires to that and be done with it.

if the wire isnt long enough trace the wire back to the main fuse block under the hook, its usually attached with a ring terminal there, just make a new wire to go from there to the batter.

do the same with the alt too and be done with it.

you should be doing the alt anyway, and it would only help to make the fuse block a nice 4 guage instead of the usual 8 guage that most cars use

too much work....

look at the terminal, it unbolts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

look for some nuts or anything thats holding that eletrical loom down. it should be clipped onto something, well in my car it did. try to look for anything thats holding it back. unplug it and you might be able to extend that wire a couple of inches.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.