Remote start recommendations

After installing all the major brands, my 2 favorite would probably be compustar or audiovox. If price is an issue, i would go with audiovox. You can get a nice 4 button remote starter for $50.

What type of vehicle are you putting it in? If you're only looking to spend $150, don't forget to factor in the cost of a bypass module if you need one.

I am getting 2. One is going in a 2008 Jeep Liberty and the other is going into a 2007 Jeep Commander.

Has anyone ever tried out the Viper Smart start?

If you like Viper....you might as well look at Python. Both made by DEI, but Python is cheaper. Remotes on them are similiar or identical looking depending on the model. Even Clifford too.

DEI is top notch in my opinion. Audiovox Prestige, Code Alarm, Autopage, Compustar are all pretty good too.

Never tried out the Viper SmartStart, but its not cheap.

Avital is another decent DEI brand...you can get a basic remote start for around $50, but the biggest question is, are you installing this yourself?

Avital is another decent DEI brand...you can get a basic remote start for around $50, but the biggest question is, are you installing this yourself?
I had an Avital in my last car and it served it's purpose just fine. It wasn't a two way or anything special but it was reliable. I now have a Viper 5901 RS/alarm and I love it. Viper smart start is pretty expensive. They charge you monthly as well as the cost of the module IIRC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.