Removing BOOMMM

Participant count
  • Participant list

ukrkoz
10+ year member

wa
Hi all

I have Basslink 200 in my truck, as of yesterday.

For starters, for my needs, Basslink is just fine.

Problem is, it worked very well in my Camry. But in the trunk. I had it in my Silverado before - worked great also. Like I said, for my needs.

I placed it into my Ridgeline yesterday, and no matter what I do, it's very boommy.

It is connected via adjustable gain speaker convertor. I use those on all of my cars, and had no issues. I guess, Ridgeline just has some different acoustics.

Here's the question, as I keep running back and for only getting more and more frustrated.

Out of all those adjustments:

Powered subwoofer with onboard 200-Watt Class D amplifier

Variable electronic crossover (50Hz to 120Hz), sensitivity, and bass-boost

10-Inch subwoofer and 10-inch passive radiator

Variable Bass EQ (+3db to -6 db at 45Hz)

Gain controls per RCA jack in converter

Which one is reducing or enhancing boommm? So that I can concentrate just on that one. Just need to fine tune it. Found by pure error and trial, that having it covered with blanket actually improves bass quite a lot, yet....

Thank you. Once again, I do like Basslink. Not getting into expensive or custom enclosures.

Very tough to. I am in 10 x 10 space underneath the rear bench seat. Basslink fits with maybe 1 inch clearance. I cab flip it upside down, as it's active driver on one side and passive radiator on the opposite. Truly, has to sit on little feet that come with it, but then it won't fit.

But I can slide it underneath the bench side to side. That I can.

That's probably the first best step, play with orientation. Make sure any bass boost is all the way off, that'll make things very boomy very easily. Last, you could try fabricating a cover to simulate the blanket. If none of that works you may want to change gear out.

OK, so it's the bass boost. Thank you. It's very hard to adjust, it sounds completely different sitting in the driver seat from when you listen to it adjusting in the back. And being passive radiator, definitely needs some space between grill and floor, for sound wave compression and distribution.

I am likely to slide blanket( I have no problem with using blanket) underneath it and then cover with several folded towels, as permitted by bench. Problem is, bench will not stay in place down, if there's too much much padding atop of enclosure. Has to be just right.

Mystery solved.

On a hunch, turned off factory sub. That's it. That was the piece that was doing BOOOMMM. Have nice low bass, even likely too much for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ukrkoz

10+ year member
ukrkoz
wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from