replaced fuse, now i have engine whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

maljr1980
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Replaced a fuse under the hood, now I have engine for the first time after 2 years of wiring. Makes no sense, re routed RCA, grounded RCA to head unit, wrapped wire around rcas an amp the same easy as an installer friend of mine suggested. Ground is good, sanded to bare metal, grounded to chassis. Won't go away, I'm about to tear everything out and rewire the whole thing. Anyway wtf happened?

Some one told me to run a wire from my cdplayer ground to my amp ground. Will that work?
It will improve the HU ground drastically but if it resulted from the power wire fuse I wouldn't think so...

What happened that caused you to need to replace the fuse?

I'm not sure, I have this digital fuse thing that lights up and displays how many amps and volts are going through it, I noticed all my amps going into protect so I went under the hood and it wasn't working. Took it all apart and put back together and it started working again, current flowing back to my power cell again, that's when the ground loop started, I'm totally stumped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.