replacing alternator in 07 pt

Participant count
  • Participant list

ptcruiser07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
TX
dose n e one know some one who will rebuild a stock alt for more amps or sells one that will work for my car?

Pretty sure replacing the alts on those cars are gonna cost you your left nut and first born son in labor... My girlfriend drives a PT and it is a PITA to work on. A 150a alt won't get you very far, either

its not cheap but I have to replace it no matter what, why not add 2-300 for a ho alt while im at it...from what I hear u have to remove the front right wheel. drop drive shaft, and remove arm to wheel.. I could do it my self if they over price the job... will see. but yes a 150 is not gona do much that's why I made the post....I want to find something biger sence I have to replace it no matter what.. always wanted to go for biger alt just dident wana spend to drop the drive shaft. curse and blessing..if n e thing the 07 comes with a 100amp stock so I will gain 50 but dam I know some one out there makes or can make a higher amp alt for me...

its not cheap but I have to replace it no matter what, why not add 2-300 for a ho alt while im at it...from what I hear u have to remove the front right wheel. drop drive shaft, and remove arm to wheel.. I could do it my self if they over price the job... will see
If you're gonna do it at least go big, at LEAST 240 amps

EXACTLY!!!! so some one point me to the right people that can rebuild or makes a beast for my car.. no way in hell to run 2 alts on a pt that's for shure I gota go big!

mylows10 found me a 230 or a 310peak amp alt to pick from... pay up for the big boy? vote if u want

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a mechman 240 sitting in a box.. lol unfortunately my 05 cobalt takes the same alt, so i'm not selling... but i got the ecotec which i'm pretty sure your does too... I'd look into mechman...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.