Robot underground hrdtx

not bad for a litttle under 200 shipped..

cimg2612.jpg

cimg2604y.jpg

cimg2605.jpg

elaborate , i just bought a O/S hifonics eagle from him on egay. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
He's had some issues w/ selling faulty equipment and lying about it on DIYMA and such. If it works fine, and it looks as advertised (check the guts too), then you should be fine. I personally haven't had any problems with him, but I've only purchased individual parts.

Lol, there's nothing wrong with single spider subwoofers...

He's had some issues w/ selling faulty equipment and lying about it on DIYMA and such. If it works fine, and it looks as advertised (check the guts too), then you should be fine. I personally haven't had any problems with him, but I've only purchased individual parts.
Lol, there's nothing wrong with single spider subwoofers...

I beg to differ my old kove Armageddon (single spider) sags like my mamaw's breast. Was used in tahoe sub up port back. It took awhile but the weight eventually caused it to sag. Maybe for some applications there is a use for single spider subs but from my exp I will stay away from them.

I beg to differ my old kove Armageddon (single spider) sags like my mamaw's breast. Was used in tahoe sub up port back. It took awhile but the weight eventually caused it to sag. Maybe for some applications there is a use for single spider subs but from my exp I will stay away from them.
'Single spider subs' are fine, its all about getting the compliance the speaker designer wants. If the guy who designed your armageddon would have used multiple softer spiders, to achieve the same over all compliance, sag would have had the same potential to occur.

Spiders have 'memory', they are designed to deform during excursion, and still return to their former shape. It would take a long time for just the weight of the cone/coil to permanently deteriorate that memory and cause sag. In other words, for all we know, your armageddon started sagging because you were over-driving the sub past its mechanical limits regularly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Funkypup>You

10+ year member
Funkypup>You
California, Missouri, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from