Rockford HE vs HE2 vs HX2

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottie

FLA
I'm talking about the rockford hx2 series rfd 2212 and rfd 1212....what is the difference between the 2? I haven't been able to find it at any site. Would I have any problems if I tried to run one of each from my amp?

What I'm considering getting is either HE / HE2/ HX2...what is the difference between the 3? Like is the HE2 really worth the extra money or should I just stay with the HE series?

And what is the difference between 2ohm vs 4 vs 8ohm? someone help me out please

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: rottie ]

Originally posted by rottie:I'm talking about the rockford hx2 series rfd 2212 and rfd 1212....what is the difference between the 2? I haven't been able to find it at any site. Would I have any problems if I tried to run one of each from my amp?

What I'm considering getting is either HE / HE2/ HX2...what is the difference between the 3? Like is the HE2 really worth the extra money or should I just stay with the HE series?

And what is the difference between 2ohm vs 4 vs 8ohm? someone help me out please

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: rottie ]
I'm not sure what the difference is between the 1212 and the 2212. The difference between the ohms rating is the amount of resistance that the sub is designed for. most subs are 4 ohms and can run with just about any amp. I have owned an HE2 15 inch sub, my friend has 2 12 inch HE's and another friend has 2 12 inch HX's. The difference that I have seen among them is that the HE2 is dual voice coil so that you have more flexability in amp set up plus the bottom end sounds a little more defined than the HE. THe HX's hit lower than the HE and HE2 and tend to produce more SPL. In considering prices, the HE model should be just fine unless your looking for that little extra boost.

thanks for the info man. I saw a pair of 12" HE2s for a decent enough price so I ended up going with those.

HX2's are DVC also0, they are awesome subs for 120 bucks. but i guess you already got the HE2's they are gd too though.

Later

Matt

I may be mistaken, but I thought the HX2's were SVC and the HX2 Powers were DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...