Roll-on candy paint???

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I was thinking about do a bed liner paint job also. My lady said she wants to see a flat satin black....I really would like a nice paint....I wonder how it would look if I did the primer, silver then had maacco do the the candy coat....
But 4real I wouldn't go there but you get the idea
Hit up your high schools or votechs in your area. Ask the teacher if the students can practice on your car. Normally you just pay for materials. Some up and comer will paint it but I've had 3 cars repaired by votech kids that were absolutely flawless. One was not so great but probably better than I could have done. Check with local guys. A lot of mexicans in stl do awesome work for 300-400 bucks a pop

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I was thinking about do a bed liner paint job also. My lady said she wants to see a flat satin black....I really would like a nice paint....I wonder how it would look if I did the primer, silver then had maacco do the the candy coat....
Hit up your high schools or votechs in your area. Ask the teacher if the students can practice on your car. Normally you just pay for materials. Some up and comer will paint it but I've had 3 cars repaired by votech kids that were absolutely flawless. One was not so great but probably better than I could have done. Check with local guys. A lot of mexicans in stl do awesome work for 300-400 bucks a pop

All Super cheap paint jobs with cheap equipment. All were painted in a car port and these are my first attempts at painting (obviously) I kind of dove in head first to painting but if you want to know what was used in each one I'll be happy to give you a material list (at least as close as I can remember)

Man that's hecka cool. I wish you stayed next to me. I'm about to post an ad on cl to see you can do this for me

I'm one of those "votech kids", haha.

I'm in automotive technical classes for half of each school day. Great programs

That's a great idea. So I just have to find one of them in my area. I'll check now

Do you guys work on peoples cars? Or just the donated ones? Great programs in those schools.
Sometimes people bring their cars in, and sometimes we work on donated ones. It is nice to be able to bring your own vehicles in too. Saved me the $300 a shop was going to charge me just to install my alternator. Also has saved me money on a bunch of small stuff like oil changes and tire rotations

I hope I can get something done.. I will post up if they are able to do it... Have to wait after July 27th. Have a case in small claims for body damage caused by a bad tire

Trust me, ANY imperfection at any stage will show. You can get it covered so that it looks OK from 20 feet away, but if you want to walk up and not have it look completely ghetto it'll take some work, a booth, and a practiced hand with a spray-gun. Really do consider plasti dip. It's not permanent, can look good, is pretty forgiving, and will give you a decent feel of how to lay on spray paint.... how many passes, how tacky before you put on the next coat, and how to just get the wet look on your last coat without holidays, drips, sags, or orange-peel.

I'm not reading all this shit. But NO is the correct answer. Roll on fucking candy paint? Seriously, how much does that cost? Don't be that guy. At least buy a Harbor Freight special and spray it. If you are dead set to roll it, go to Lowe's and get some exterior paint.

I think I'm going back to my idea about using Bed liner. My truck has a lot of dings and what not. And it's no way a show car and might never be. Then I ran into the problem of the bed liner fading then found out that was from lack of uv protection so I found a company called monstraliner and it has 100% protection plume 5 year warranty. You can also get colors.... It's made to be rolled on also which I like...

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.