Running Active with CL-61/TW-24

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I was just wondering what crossover settings would be suggested. I dont really know how high to go on the mids and am kind of clueless on tweeter tuning frequencies.

CL-61: 80hz-???hz @ 12db slope?

TW-24:???hz-20khz @ 12db slope?

I going to passive with 100rms per side with 4volt preamp to Active with 50rms per speaker/tweeter from a 2volt preamp. Think i will regret getting the 2v deck?

HU offers:

Sub- 20-200hz l/p

Mid-20-20khz l/p and 20-200hz h/p

High-1-20khz h/p

All @ 6,12,18,24db or flat slopes

Would i need to turn off all hp/lp filters on my amps and only use the HU's?

yep and of course runs cdt and all active haha, and if wanting to get new cdt comps deff go through him will beat woofersect's price and give upgraded tweets and xovers

Well i am not sure. I bought them from woofersetc and have been running passive with w/e xover they sent with the set. I am getting the Apline cda-9853 and plan on running active. It will be the first time running active and i needed a little help with where to set the xover on the HU so i dont strain the mid or tweet and have to buy different ones. If i toy around and mess them up i will go with the mli-65 and seas neos.

yea u got 400 xover through exige could of got the tw-25 tweets and 480overs for the same price possibly or maybe a few bucks extra and well worth cdt has some great products

cdt doens't excite me one bit.

for xover point for tweets, I'd start around 3khz. same for mids. I wouldn't go lower than 2.5khz on the tweets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.