runs of power question

Save yourself the money of buying dist blocks and pick up a couple pieces of aluminum and make buss bars. Thats the easiest way of doing it. Then if you want to add more runs later you won't have an issue with the blocks. Just bolt the two (+) wires to one piece and the (-) wires to the other piece and run one short 0 ga run from each bar to the amp. You can bolt the buss bars to your amp rack if needed to make sure they don't touch.

just run 1 0 guage from the battery and split it about a foot from the amp. do the same for the ground coming out and ground it to metal somewhere close to the amp.

just run 1 0 guage from the battery and split it about a foot from the amp. do the same for the ground coming out and ground it to metal somewhere close to the amp.
If he runs only one run of 0 gauge he doesn't need to spilt it if he only needs one power input. He said the amp is a Rockford T4000bd, but I think he meant the T4001bd cause there is no T4000bd amp. That amp only has one power input according to the website. And as long as it's a good ground it doesn't have to be really close to the amp, just make sure the metal is sanded and the connection is very tight.

yeah its the t4001bd sorry about that

so i shouldnt run 0g back from the front? just do the big three and get two grounds off the chasis in the back and run it to the amp and put it into a block then right into the amp?

yeah its the t4001bd sorry about thatso i shouldnt run 0g back from the front? just do the big three and get two grounds off the chasis in the back and run it to the amp and put it into a block then right into the amp?
run a single 1/0 to the rear and plug it into the amp...it has 1/0 input correct?

yeah its the t4001bd sorry about thatso i shouldnt run 0g back from the front? just do the big three and get two grounds off the chasis in the back and run it to the amp and put it into a block then right into the amp?
The best way is to run individual power and grounds from the front to the back, but thats usually done when adding a second battery, which would help you out. For now just go with a single 0 ga from the front to the amp and ground the amp in the rear. Once you add a second battery then you can add more runs from the front to the rear battery.

If your adding two 2400's you should at least have a run of 0 gauge power and ground running from the front battery to the rear one. If you want to have two runs of power than you should have two runs of ground too. I would recommend the two powers and two ground runs from front to back before anything else. It can't hurt to add the extra ground from the rear battery to the body, but If you have to because of money, you can run the two power and single ground from the front and run a 0 ga ground from the rear battery to the frame and since you have to do the Big 3 anyway you'll already have a 0 ga from the front battery to the frame.

ok, so ill just put two more runs of 0g through the car and have 2 grounds and 2 powers. if so, do i even have to do the big three? i can just run a + and a - from the alt to the front battery and be good, right?

If you ground the amps to the rear batteries and the rear batteries to the front battery and then ground the alt to the battery, upgrading the battery to chassis connection is still advisable but not as important since no high current device is going to be using the chassis for its ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.