Ryan Blankenship I challenge you

I put the numbers in there because that's what the meter showed, I think I even mention to take the clamp numbers worth a grain of salt. I retested the amp several times and got the same numbers.... So I put them in the video. If you notice in the results I put a question mark next to the results meaning I'm not sure as to their accuracy. Again without the ability to calibrate the meter to the dyno there is not a way to correctly measure the efficiency so this is the best I can do.
Sounds good Ryan, sorry I didn’t notice these things you mention.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more, and maybe even some more higher qaulity efficient budget amplifiers.

Sounds good Ryan, sorry I didn’t notice these things you mention.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to more, and maybe even some more higher qaulity efficient budget amplifiers.
You'll be disppointed with today's video then lol... Going LOW END on this one lol...

higher qaulity efficient budget amplifiers.
There's a reason the cheap stuff is cheap. If you want top efficiency you're not buying off the shelf China/Korean period.

I'd say Ryan is doing a fine job. Most of the stuff I've seen him test would be fine on a healthy stock electrical system for music listening and if you're up into a 2500W type amp you'll be looking at the big boy electrical upgrades regardless of the amp.

I'd also take those numbers as not entirely accurate. I don't think any of the clamp and amp dyno guys really have the means to give us accurate efficiency numbers nor will a lowest rated impedance into a resistive load really tell you much about how much current you'd draw in real world application.

Idk how people got so crazy over clamp numbers

T fade did a test and the crown gti was less efficient did less power out but was higher in score

I hope some here are not missing the point of this thread? The thread was created to initiate an idea, not to criticize Ryan’s channel.

Let’s keep it positive, jokes aside.

If I came off as condescending his bench tests I didn’t mean to

I just meant so many people are stuck on

“What does that amp do on the bench”

When the difference of 200w isn’t going to make or break your budget 12’s in a prefab.

Also if you are looking for efficiency Brazilian is the way to go

If I came off as condescending his bench tests I didn’t mean toI just meant so many people are stuck on

“What does that amp do on the bench”

When the difference of 200w isn’t going to make or break your budget 12’s in a prefab.

Also if you are looking for efficiency Brazilian is the way to go
uhm dyno vids say otherwise when they actually clamp brazilians, not that far off from koreans in actual efficiency. However ppl buy brazilians to have a lot of headroom to keep from stressing the amp hence the perceived efficiency.

uhm dyno vids say otherwise when they actually clamp brazilians, not that far off from koreans in actual efficiency. However ppl buy brazilians to have a lot of headroom to keep from stressing the amp hence the perceived efficiency.
this plus the massive cost difference and footprint makes full bridge a clear winner for me. getting tired of korean nuthuggers in autistic facebook groups over that fact. but c'est la vie

cost to repair and power at higher impedance is a big factor as well. repairing those long korean boards is something like 30-40% of the cost of the amp used

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jcsaudio

Senior VIP Member
Jcsaudio
Worcester, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from