Same amp to power two 12''s able to power two 10'' with out blowing them?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr................

As you do the 10s you could get drivers that are either SVC 4 Ohm or DVC 2 Ohm and show the amp a 2 Ohm nominal load and only give the subs 500w each.

Then if/when you upgrade to 12s get drivers that are of an appropriate VC configuration to run the amp at 1 Ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but......................if you think about, might as well just go big the first time and save yourself money in the long run.
Like hooking up a bunch of stuff to a battery charger in your bedroom?

and before you go talking smack about my ultra-ghetto bedroom setup at least I (a) Have mine running off of an actual 12v power supply capable of delivering more than 8 or 10 amperes and (b) I have an actual car with audio gear in it too!

pwnd

that is all

but......................if you think about, might as well just go big the first time and save yourself money in the long run.
Yeah, thats why i think im going with 12'' again. Because I think of all this power, and watch all these videos, but I forget they are showing off, and they always arnt that loud. I mean there is a volume. So because ill just kinda keep the loudness down on them, and slowly start to listen to them louder.

best advice in the world

but I'm tellin ya , your gonna get used to the bass and want more , might as well do it right the first time .
So, start out with them sealed, and if I need even louder then max sealed, ill port them, highly unlikely though..

Anyways, im sure im going for the 12''s, just because ill have that capability of going louder, and getting lower then the 12''s. I mean I dont want blaring, because the music is for me, not the guy down the street. I want them to blend, but ill make it happen with these.

thanks for all your guys advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.