Saw this at a buddies last night

I have stock alternator , 4gage and a second battery parallel - think that's enough juice? I'll have to get a new amp that much I know -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I ask, lol - I was hoping on a "yeah that could work", lol. So I take it big 3, Zero gage and hopefully my stick alternator???

You can power it with anything. Just because it's high RMS doesn't mean you have to have it.

It's still a monster "18". It's **** near a 20in. Needs a 10 cube box.

It's a bolt on recone if you can find them. Clean that rust off.

For $50 that's a no brainer. Any sub with a big ass is going to be a safe buy at $50. You could easily sell the motor for profit. The only thing I would maybe double check is to make sure the motor isn't shifted.

As far as I know fixmyspeaker is going to be the only place to easily get parts for it. It uses a 3.5" coil which is a pretty unique size, but in the end it's going to be a low Q monster which will get loud.

Hell i would bee all over that the day you saw it. Either recone it, build a new sub, or sell it for a profit. I mean....where's the downside?

I can still go back for it - in just wondering if it's gonna works or will it need a new voice coil?

And how in the hell are WE supposed to know if it works or not?? Only you will know, not us. Pick it up, hook it up and see if it makes any sound.

Be stupid not to buy it. I had one when they first came out & regret selling it. I'd even keep it kicker like dude said you buy a drop in recone.

I admit I don't know - anyone know the RMS and impedance on this thing ?? No specs on the sub so I'm clueless

Impedance will depend on coils, There should be a couple options.

That is a steal at 50$, even if you have to pay 250$ for a recone kit it's a good value. They get loud and sound surprisingly good, and will hang pretty well with 3K amp. Mechanically it should be very difficult to break from use but the coil is only 3.5" so you'll hit thermal limits way before mechanical. I had a couple for a bit and liked them and a couple guys up my way have good results with them.

And how in the hell are WE supposed to know if it works or not?? Only you will know, not us. Pick it up, hook it up and see if it makes any sound.
Let me add some detail.. does anyone think that the sitting around for years winters , summers., humidity, moisture could affect the sub? Anyone ever use a sub that's sat around for years in this environment?? Guess I'm

Just trying to get some input about the possibilities ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.