Sealed Enclosure/Rear deck Baffle?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yourgrandma
10+ year member

MN
I've been trying to think of the most effective, space efficiant design for my sub section. The idea I just had seems to fit the bill, but I wonder if anyone's tried it.

What I'd like to do is heavily modify my rear deck, possibly replacing it with MDF (I havent explored the feasability of this just yet), then use it as a baffle for an enclosure that would be bolted to the floor of the trunck.

A few issues are coming to mind however. I have two IDQ10's and the volume of this enclosure would be tiny, so I'd have to have legs coupling it to the floor. The deck mods might be a deal breaker. Currently the deck is molded plastic. I might get away with cutting out the middle and mounting the box in the cut out.

Help me brainstorm, I'm sure someone has done this with a box, not just IB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.