sealing off my trunk??

then get peel n seal from lowes instead of dynomat. its wayyyy cheaper and the same thing! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you put a complete piece of ply or mdf w/e against the opening in the front (cabin/trunk) your trunk would essentialy be sealed, you would have to foam/tape etc around the edges of the wood obviously. so then you would cut out the opening of your box into that wall and seal around that. why are you wanting to do something with anything behind the box if its firing into the cabin. maybe i mis understood something?
even tho its sealed off from the cabin there is still sound waves traveling through the trunk that is gonna rattle the **** out of it, so id like to stuff the trunk completely to keep that from happening

even tho its sealed off from the cabin there is still sound waves traveling through the trunk that is gonna rattle the **** out of it, so id like to stuff the trunk completely to keep that from happening
then it wouldnt be sealed properly if sound waves were coming back into the "sealed" trunk.

sound waves from a subwoofer dont move in one motion..and just because u block the front of the box from the back dont mean there is not sound traveling to the back still..

how will the sound travel backwards when your box is enclosed. if you seal off the front of the box, so no air from the cabin can get to the trunk, then you will have it completely sealed off and your rattles are gone.

the only rattles you would get would be from the box vibrating and causing your trunk to vibrate.

but if your box is braced and mounted properly then everything fine

how will the sound travel backwards when your box is enclosed. if you seal off the front of the box, so no air from the cabin can get to the trunk, then you will have it completely sealed off and your rattles are gone.
the only rattles you would get would be from the box vibrating and causing your trunk to vibrate.

but if your box is braced and mounted properly then everything fine
thats what i thought.

i have my subs sealed off and the vibration of the sub enclosure creates the trunk to still rattle a bit, but it is the best thing i have ever done to my system. Plus, i have done tests and you will likely lose no SPL by doing this.

i have my subs sealed off and the vibration of the sub enclosure creates the trunk to still rattle a bit, but it is the best thing i have ever done to my system. Plus, i have done tests and you will likely lose no SPL by doing this.
i know what it sounds like sealed off, ive already dont that..i just wanted opinions on doing it differently...and u still should port the rs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.