Selecting a HO alternator

well whats with the huge price difference between db electrical, places like power bastards, and then EA and DC and Ohio gen?

where does the big tag come from?

I can't speak for other companies, but the DC alternator I bought last year has been a great product.

My RAV4 alt started as a Denso HO alt for a 4Runner V6. Swapped the pulley and the rectifier/regulator circuits. It fit perfectly and there was no wiring to do. I'm able to power my competition system almost exclusively using alternator power (so I stay at 14 V during the runs).

As others have mentioned, it's a little more expensive and takes a couple weeks to deliver. They do start with a new product and add to it, rather than remanufacture old ones (replace brushes, circuitry, grease the bearings, and clean the terminal).

It has developed a light squeak in a year's time... but considering how hard I push it, that's not bad.

Anyone else think it's not necessary with 600w worth of subs lol?

But if you're going to the an HO, DC power has been great if you can wait for their build time.

Mechman, Ohio Gen, PB all seem to be nice

I would invest in a 2nd battery before an ho alt.
well wouldnt dual batteries only really be good if i wanted to run the subs with the car off? i mean the alternator is what supplies all the power for the vehicle while its running

Anyone else think it's not necessary with 600w worth of subs lol?But if you're going to the an HO, DC power has been great if you can wait for their build time.

Mechman, Ohio Gen, PB all seem to be nice
i wouldnt know... im a newb with car audio. i just know that there is a problem and im guessing a HO alt will fix it? haha

well wouldnt dual batteries only really be good if i wanted to run the subs with the car off? i mean the alternator is what supplies all the power for the vehicle while its running
yes it would but having another battery can take a lot of stress off your alt. you shouldn't be having much voltage drop at all. have you done the big 3? you may also have an electrical short somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.