Single Din HU reccomendation for Evo Please!($350 budget)

pheonix991
10+ year member

Getting an Evo within the next couple of months, the Evo IX only has a single din, and I'm not doing an AC relocation mod just to get another sub par $550 double din. I'm looking for specifically an aux input, high voltage aux for 4 channel amp and sub, usb input, ipod input is nice, and not ugly, that is about it. I have a $350ish budget.

Yes I searched.

Thanks for the help!

The alpine website didn't say anything about being able to read from a usb drive. Do I also have to buy that cable to be able to use an ipod? Or is there a usb cable I need? I don't have an ipod, so, I've been putting music on my usb drive and reading from that.

not to thread jack, but will going from 2.5-3V preamp to 5 V preamp make a noticeable difference in sound?
I had a AQ1200D on my SDC2.510 just like in your case and noticed quite a difference going from 1.8v preouts to 5v...so absolutely.

I had a AQ1200D on my SDC2.510 just like in your case and noticed quite a difference going from 1.8v preouts to 5v...so absolutely.
So what if I kept my headunit right now (2.5-3V) and used a Equalizer (7V max)? Wuold that eliminate the need of a HU with more preamp voltage?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.