Sirius antenna question

laidback93
10+ year member

I'm going to buy the Pioneer Sirius tuner adapter today and I'm concerned about the antenna. I really am not crazy about having a big black bump on the roof of my car. I've heard of people installing the antennas either on the dash or on the rear back panel back window area.

So what are your thoughts and opinions on a install like that?

Does anyone have any pics of what the antenna does look like if installed on the roof?

You can barely see mine, it's less than a half inch thick. I do drive a lifted black truck though, so it blends in. I would not suggest mounting the antenna anywhere inside the vehicle or your reception will suffer a lot.

Ive used mine on the dash if i take it other peoples car and it worked fine. I dont think i would have it perm installed on the dash though..but works to bring it with you in anothers car.

it all really matters on the car.. now those antenna seem to work better when they are NEAR metal or ON metal. i worked on a camero 98 and it was pretty much all fiberglass had to mount it on the front dash. cause the rear didnt work not the top, with a T top.

Would the sq be effected by where you mount the antenna? I just threw mine up on the dash when I was installing it yesterday and the sq on this thing really does seem to ****!

I had mines on the trunk,then i moved it to the dash board,now it`s back on top of the trunk, honestly i didn`t experience any changes at all..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.