Size doesnt matter - Subwoofer size that is...

Participant count
  • Participant list
This weeks article is pretty interesting, be sure to give it a read!
https://www.vertexaudio.com/Size-Doesn%27t-Matter-a/277.htm
This is very detailed, but its loosely mis-guided due to the fact that you did not apply what the main subject was.

In this report size does not matter for sound quality.

As for SPL a single 8 would need a very large enclosure while a single 21 might only need 1-2 cuft to produce the same decibel of spl or more.

Then again cone area wins for SPL so larger+lower quantity is the truth.

Very good article tho!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

This is a difficult concept to truly grab and accept but because of my experience in audio in other arenas I have to agree.

But //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Finding quality 8" drivers that can handle the power and abuse that we tend to subject these drivers to in car audio, has been nearly non existent. This really has changed recently. TC sounds epic 8" and American Bass (examples) have impressed many with there sound quality and thunder but still not quite what we like. Look at Sundown X8 and Digital Designs SW2508 (examples) and wow, now we are actually seeing progress. These 2 examples can easily prove what you are saying.

Thanks for the article bro man, it was a good read.

This is very detailed, but its loosely mis-guided due to the fact that you did not apply what the main subject was.
In this report size does not matter for sound quality.

As for SPL a single 8 would need a very large enclosure while a single 21 might only need 1-2 cuft to produce the same decibel of spl or more.

Then again cone area wins for SPL so larger+lower quantity is the truth.

Very good article tho!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
I totally understand what you are saying. This article was geared toward more daily systems. People think they need 2 12s even 2 10s when all they need is 1 nice woofer in a box built to spec.

Thank you for your input!

This is a difficult concept to truly grab and accept but because of my experience in audio in other arenas I have to agree. But //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Finding quality 8" drivers that can handle the power and abuse that we tend to subject these drivers to in car audio, has been nearly non existent. This really has changed recently. TC sounds epic 8" and American Bass (examples) have impressed many with there sound quality and thunder but still not quite what we like. Look at Sundown X8 and Digital Designs SW2508 (examples) and wow, now we are actually seeing progress. These 2 examples can easily prove what you are saying.

Thanks for the article bro man, it was a good read.
I agree, the beefy 8s are on the rise for sure!

Thank you for your input as well!

It's really not that small guys ..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Ok it is its tiny ...

I keep it clean tho
circumsize that ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Vertex Audio

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
Vertex Audio
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date