Sloppy Viper 5901 Install

LasOfaDyinBreed
10+ year member

I just got this alarm/rs installed like 3 days ago at this so called high tech audio shop, I didn't get a chance to inspect it right away because I was in a rush and the next day I took my truck back to the stealership for warranty work.

So after reading the sticky "how to not get your system jacked" I decided to once over my alarm install which I hadn't questioned before because this shop is really successful and upscale, professionals so i thought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif.

Anyway first I looked for the hood pin, none to be found. So I pressed remote start with the hood open...... it started wtf? Next I rolled the driver side window down, closed the door, armed the system... reached in popped the hood, no alarm, no warning chirps... WTF?

After further inspection under the hood I found the installer went through no sort of trouble securing the siren or any wiring for my alarm, the siren is secured via 1 zip tie to a loose dangling cable related to my engine......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

The powerwire is fed through my firewall (rubber circle thingy), again nothing major lazily done... on the inside under the dash that same power wire is literally dangling near my brake pedal....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I already called and they said they would "fix" it tomorrow. but I've decided I'd rather have a full refund and take my money to another shop.

I noticed they had a paper hanging from counter saying " No refunds or Exchanges", but my receipt doesn't say anything about No refunds or No Exchanges", this is in SC.

I am entitled to my money back right? Even if I didn't see that notice posted on the counter? I didn't see it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

What are the steps if they keep feeding me the Sorry we can only fix it BS? Besides being overly abnoxious and expressing myself to other customers. Calling the cops seems a little lame and I'm sure thats not what 911 is for.

File a small claim, contact BBB, find out who their certified thru?

Also if they are authorized Viper installers, wouldn't not installing my hood pin violate their agreement or something?

I understand not installing that pin is very dangerous, if someone was to be working on my engine and the truck started I would be liable.

Also the temperature sensor isn't giving correct readings.

As far as the not doing hood pins go some shops do not, there is no agreement saying how the install is done. According to the viper manual reguardless the negative of the battery needs to be disconected upon service anyways. I would reccomend they install a hood pin, The temperature on the the 5901 is not going to be accurate, that has nothing to do with the install of the unit. It would be a known problem.

Also how much did you spend total

I spent $650. Okay so if somebody is working under my hood and it starts and cuts off a finger or two then who is to blame??

No Hood pin my F'ing ass, so somebody could break my window ever so slighty and not set off the alarm pop the hood and snatch my power wire, boom no alarm.

Dude, I was like 3 inches from blowing the dudes head off.. Literally.

There not giving me a refund, I guess all that is left is a civil suit.

What difference does it make what shop it was, or how much I paid. Sloppy A** job. No Looming under my hood, power wire hangin almost touching my brake pedal. WTF DOT COM.

F----IT IM GOING BACK WITH MY .45, SEE YA F-KERS IN 15-20 YRS.

I spent $650. Okay so if somebody is working under my hood and it starts and cuts off a finger or two then who is to blame??
No Hood pin my F'ing ass, so somebody could break my window ever so slighty and not set off the alarm pop the hood and snatch my power wire, boom no alarm.

Dude, I was like 3 inches from blowing the dudes head off.. Literally.

There not giving me a refund, I guess all that is left is a civil suit.

What difference does it make what shop it was, or how much I paid. Sloppy A** job. No Looming under my hood, power wire hangin almost touching my brake pedal. WTF DOT COM.

F----IT IM GOING BACK WITH MY .45, SEE YA F-KERS IN 15-20 YRS.
Pics of said murder/death/kill

oKAY got everything worked out, I calmed down and handled the sittu like a man. Got my shh fixed.

Sorry if I didn't help your va rating, but I heard eating kittens helps in that department. Also combing your neighbor hood looking for IED's might help too...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

for just a rs i dont run hood pins or tach. but an alarm rs you need to because that is part of the alarm sensors too. i always do a merc switch on those installs. i dont loom the wire under the hood either i just tuck it and tape it into an existing harness, then under the dash just take a zip tie and tie that wire up. the temp setting wont be accurate because it is in the brain and the brain isnt sitting on the center consoul in the open to get the proper reading it is under the dash, so if it is up against a vent duct it will read hot or cold depending on the season. just be nice with the guys. i know if ur a dick they will be dicks. i have seen it many times generally they are willing to fix it and make it right.

Explain your expectations of a much better install and let them correct it.

In most states Labor does not have to be refunded in any way.

The hood pin is important, We always install it.

the hood pin is really important... i think that right there could get you a refund or atleast free fixing. did they loom the wire? secure the siren? tie up the power wire?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.