so i learned.

Participant count
  • Participant list

CAT MAN
5,000+ posts

Banned
Roanoke,VA
you get what you pay for. i ordered some 4 gauge for 2$ a foot and recieved bulz audio. let me say this. my cadence 8 gauge is bigger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif.......anywho went with knukincepts(again)

yes this was a cool story bro's

i know....but i wanted to try something new. and they did not advertize it as bullz audio or i wouldnt have bought it. case has been opened on egay. im not getting stiffed 20$ for 2$ worth of wire

i got the insulated, fine braided copper welding wire, that way, i know what i'm getting. i'm sure there are better deals out there, but i'd rather avoid the marketing crap. Then again, you should only have to buy it once, i got like 50ft of it like 8 yrs ago so i would have plenty for power and grounds and future uses, now being used on its 3rd car, going on 4th this spring.

I'm confused. Maybe I'm naive, but AWG should be AWG. An inch is an inch. If someone is selling 4 gage wire that doesn't measure to the AWG standard, I'd be looking to stuff it in their azzole.
Here's a size chart: American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits with skin depth frequencies

Where does what you bought fall in that? (Insulation is not included, obviously).
That's the way it should be, but unfortunately it's not. There's a lot of companies out there that skimp on the wire and go heavy on the insulation to get the outer diameter up to snuff. There's also the opposite end of the spectrum, Knu tends to be a bit large on their wire sizes which isn't exactly something to complain about :p

That's the way it should be, but unfortunately it's not. There's a lot of companies out there that skimp on the wire and go heavy on the insulation to get the outer diameter up to snuff. There's also the opposite end of the spectrum, Knu tends to be a bit large on their wire sizes which isn't exactly something to complain about :p

agreed. i have some DB Link wire in my garage that is labeled as 1/0 AWG but has as much copper as standard 4 AWG. The outside jacket diameter is the same as my Streetwires 1/0 but the DB Link has over 2x as much insulation.

sadly not all car audio wiring is created equal. it doesn't have to conform to any actual standards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.