so i put a turndown/side pipe on my jeep.

Participant count
  • Participant list

derek33
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mass
I made a thread yesturday considering doing htis, and this morning i did. Right after the cat i have a flex pipe that aims the tip right outside the body in front of the rear wheel.

Of course my parents were pissed, and my dad sais the stock exhaust has to go back on by friday cause its going to the dealership for a tune-up... that didnt make sence to me. will the dealership mind that i dont have a muffler on??

thanks.

if they can link the missing muffler to any warranty repair it is in for they will charge you for it. if they can't link it to the problem...they may void your engine's warranty anyhow. i'd put it back on for now.

btw how did it sound? maybe try doing the turn down after the muffler if it was to loud/"poppy"

meh...I know **** well that thing is out of warranty. that thing is 8 years old. I know **** well a Jeep that old is going to have a warranty. Only thing you have to worry about is the mechanics *****in at you and your local muffler laws. Around here...you can get caught for a loud exaust...but the po pos are usually really leniant on it. I seen a regular Cherokee with a lil ricer muffler on it....I must say...it was gay lookin as hell. So please dont do that. I am thinking about gettin my uncle to sell me his Jeep. Its nice and has good room for a system. I think it only has 105k on it. I might can get it off of him for about 1500-2000.

it is illegal in most states for a shop to work on a car with illegal exhaust. for instance i took my car to the shop to get a muffler welded on, the guy said it would be illegal because i dont have cat's on my car...but he did it anyway, i love south carolinians.

yup...gotta luv us South Carolinians. We just dont like yankees movin down here takin over everything lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.