SO much for the type r/TCAB hype. blew sub and components

my components were getting around 80 rms from the avionnixx 440.4, the 12" type r was getting probably around 1200 watts from a bd1500. there was no distortion or clipping. the type r did not even "smell" b4 it blew. and it was not brand new, it had been used for quite some time, so no defects or anything
i didnt create this thread, it takes that power at full volume for 3-4 minutes before it gets stinky.
Lemme get this straight. This is a phenomenon you fellas had experienced frequently while 'boomin mah shiznit, dawg' or whatever it is you do...and it wasn't ever a cause for concern? Then you zap a sub with considerably more than its manufacturer (which I am always content to assume the folks that make a sub know more about it than I do) recommends and begin a thread bashing (*fill in the blank*). You then proceed to lodge a complaint about some components that allegedly gave out as well.
After this process has begun you continue on with claims of properly installed audio equipment and no possibility of user error.

The beginnings of your tale don't match the ending, guys. It simply doesn't work.

[/story]

just let it go man... the box is good and made for the sub, your speakers are done, just start lookin for new equipment, **** happens
yes the box is good, but overpriced. my speakers are done, and i am going to start looking for something that can take 250 rms a piece for my front speakers now, (my avionnixx bridged). and instead of getting three 12" type r's like i planned, i am going to look for something different as well.

yes the sub smelled every once in a while but according to speakerman, his did also and were fine. the components did not smell when they blew, when receiving 80 watts they never smelled at all

i ahev given subs way more than they are rated with no problems b4. i gave my 2 15" comp vr's 1800 rms. that was a year ago, i sold those to a friend who is giving them 1000rms and they are still fine

Some people get lucky overpowering speakers. I've sent 7 times the rated power of an IA 187 to it, DD, and had it, more or less, laugh at me. The same sub went to Skadude who put 4x it's rated power to it without trouble. I've also had the misfortune of blowing an Aura 10 off 40wrms. That was such a tragedy. ='(

im gonna be given my r's over their rated power....but you know what? Thats a risk I take, so if they blow do you know who is at fault???? I AM!!! If your gonna gamble and send them over rated power then you have to be prepared to suffer the consequences and not ***** and moan that its the subs fault it wouldnt handle more than what should be given.

^^ is this guy serious?

This guy is probably going under this name but is someone else on this fourm acting like a jackass. There have been a few as of late doing this.

I do have to say I think this thread is funny as I was hoping that a tcab box blew up the woofer or the type r blow up the box, lol! But anyway I have to say to the original thread starter that you got an amp the is twice the rms power and you blew your sub? Well like everyone else saying they only take 500rms. So you basically read the few posts going on around here saying you can throw 1300 watts on one type r and you will be fine as long as you set your gains right. Well my friend, that is your fault for following the hype. Those people that are doing that either know excatly where to set there amps and how loud to turn it up. So I only see this to be totally on the user of the equipment. Also I have 550rms going to each of my r's and my distort a little. So I dont know how you didnt get any distortion with 1200rms. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Next time just be more careful on how you tune it and dont do run twice the power to a sub unless you know what you are doing. Personally I would never tell anyone to do that. Hell I read the hype, but you didnt see me running 2 1500 hifonics amps to each sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I dont buy into the Type R hype, nor the TCAB hype. This board is riding these two 'phenomenons' like a hooker rides a cawk.

you still don't understand what i have said at least 3 times now, THE SUB IS NOT MINE, I DID NOT INSTALL IT, IT IS NOT IN MY CAR. The components are mine and the sub is a friends and they blew on the same weekend. They are unrelated. my components were getting maybe 10 watts overpowered.

This guy is probably going under this name but is someone else on this fourm acting like a jackass. There have been a few as of late doing this.

I do have to say I think this thread is funny as I was hoping that a tcab box blew up the woofer or the type r blow up the box, lol! But anyway I have to say to the original thread starter that you got an amp the is twice the rms power and you blew your sub? Well like everyone else saying they only take 500rms. So you basically read the few posts going on around here saying you can throw 1300 watts on one type r and you will be fine as long as you set your gains right. Well my friend, that is your fault for following the hype. Those people that are doing that either know excatly where to set there amps and how loud to turn it up. So I only see this to be totally on the user of the equipment. Also I have 550rms going to each of my r's and my distort a little. So I dont know how you didnt get any distortion with 1200rms. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Next time just be more careful on how you tune it and dont do run twice the power to a sub unless you know what you are doing. Personally I would never tell anyone to do that. Hell I read the hype, but you didnt see me running 2 1500 hifonics amps to each sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
if you got distortion with 550rms, it is not the sub, it is your amp or either the sub is bottoming out because of your enclosure. they were not distorted with 1200-1500 rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.