So what do you guys think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
I have all my amps on display on a rack in my trunk and im considering building a false floor for them. im not about to build a false floor around a big *** sub box though. It'd be ugly and a bitch to take apart. Im interested in the Sq and space of running an IB install. I miss having a fucking trunk.

Currently im running an 12 Icon. Im thinking about possibly selling it and getting two Fi Ib 15s(or similiar good IB subs) Or i could just get another 12'' icon and run them both IB. It already has excellent sound quality but im not a big fan of ported box harmonics or group delay.

so whatcha think. Two ib 15s which means id probably have to cut some metal to fit which is no biggie

or two 12''s icons IB which would end up being cheaper and i wouldnt have to deal with the hassle of trying to sell a sub locally.

I never really heard a IB install that impressed me. I'd rather do a very shallow trunk wall with like 10 6.5" woofers like sundown or American bass or massive audio 6.5"... ten 6.5s woofer in a trunk wall would leave tons of room in the trunk. Just an idea lol

I never really heard a IB install that impressed me. I'd rather do a very shallow trunk wall with like 10 6.5" woofers like sundown or American bass or massive audio 6.5"... ten 6.5s woofer in a trunk wall would leave tons of room in the trunk. Just an idea lol
The goal is to go more sq and stealth than current lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

That's a tough call. Are you willing to give up output?
Thats kind of a given, though thats why the 15"s. So yea. Id give up output as long as I can still get loud. I know ibs arent always quiet with enough cone area

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Never liked IB either. Seems like a big waste for so little. If you are getting bad group delay fix your box.
How

If you're willing to go for it, what's to lose just going for the 15"s? That's a lot of cone area.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.