solo x 18, 12 or 10

i might end up taking the rear seat out so i can have more room. not sure on how much it will help though.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Are you going to be making the box?
yea i will be making a ported box out of partical board then i am going to cover the back of my car, were the back seat use to be, with fiberglass then have it painted.

It should look pretty sweet.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

why spend $20 on mdf when i can get partical board for 10. there is no difference between a box made of mdf or one made of partical board

::sigh:: your spending the money on a fricken solo x...so what big deal is $10 more gonna be to you. do it right. your so wrong when you say theres no difference...did you ever notice that particle board has LARGE wood chips that form it....and MDF is basically compressed cardboard pieces...both are porous as hell...but if you do MDF and slap some resin on the inside yoru good to go. although i'll talk no smack about particle board...i know a certain somebody that uses it and is loud....

Well if you say so. I think there's a big difference.

Particle board is definitely inferior to MDF. It is less dense and has much less internal damping.

In other words, the particle board box will vibrate a lot -- adding it's own sound to what the speaker is doing. The more dense and damped MDF enclosure will contribute less to the sound -- leaving you with clearer bass.

And why did you list an 18 and 12? What about a 15? I think a 15 would be alright ,but the 12 would probally be your loudest, due to room you have for a box. But if you take the back seat out, deffinatly go for a 15.

yea the wood choice isn't a big deal. but i read on another form that adding resin to the inside of your box dosent really help with strength it just helps with sealing? anyways yea i guess $10 isnt that much considering how much ill be spending on sub.

Well if you say so. I think there's a big difference.
Particle board is definitely inferior to MDF. It is less dense and has much less internal damping.

In other words, the particle board box will vibrate a lot -- adding it's own sound to what the speaker is doing. The more dense and damped MDF enclosure will contribute less to the sound -- leaving you with clearer bass.

And why did you list an 18 and 12? What about a 15? I think a 15 would be alright ,but the 12 would probally be your loudest, due to room you have for a box. But if you take the back seat out, deffinatly go for a 15.
Because they don't make a 15...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif And a 12 would be all you need. You do understnad that you will need major electrical upgrades. and a huge amp/.

unless i am mistaken Kicker dosent make a solo x 15

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.