Some advice and a budget system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kyle93

Hi there,

I am new to this whole thing and have read (as far as I can tell) most of the stickys here as well as others! I need some advice, I'm okay in wiring however would need some advice in the whole set-up complete guide. As far as I can tell, head unit has the connections these then (in a normal set-up) would take those +- wires to the speakers. Correct? Now, in this set-up we have the head unit and that goes to an Amp then that goes to the various speakers? Lastly, for a sub does that go in the Amp or does it just go straight to the sub?

Now, I am also looking for some advice on a budget system. It's for my gf and she does not want to spend to much. I am going to get her a head unit for it so the budget is £200 (GBP) for the speakers and the sub. She drives a Rover 216 Coupe so it needs to fit that. I believe the speakers are Front: 170mm Rear: 8". As for the sub, it does not need to be massive she just wants a clean bass. So was looking at a sealed enclose, maybe one I built if it helps budget.

Lastly, with the budget of £200 I am getting her a head unit, she want it to be in blue (Yeah I know) so I need some advice on that. Would this be an okay choice to use for it?

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd_receivers/ipod_iphone/KDC-4057UB/

So tl;dr

Can you answer my questions in the first paragraph

Budget £200 for speakers

Front 170mm

Rear 8" - Currently in the shelf above the boot

Need a sub - Sealed enclosure, will build if I have to

What head unit

Can you give me a help doing the idea for the wiring?

Thanks, Hope they are not to "nooby" questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.