Sorta sketchy wiring! NEED HELP ASAP

Participant count
  • Participant list

DiBonaventura
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys so I have my 2 12" kicker cvr hooked up on my cadence amp and I need help! Every now and then my car(BMW 325i) will go dead. Every time the car goes dead its not with me but she said that when she taps on the fuse box the car is back alive! Theres been one time when I witnessed this happen when we called out a person to jump-start our car thinking it was a dead battery but when he was looking at the fuse box he moved it around and there was a spark and the car started back up again! I really want to take this system out so I can re wire it to a 5.0 that I will soon be owning but I dont want to kill the BMW... WHAT DO I DOOOO? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It goes somewhat dead like I havent seen it dead in a while because im never around but last I remember some lights will be dimmed and slowly get brighter..

To be honest....leave it in there and get new, better, properly installed gear for your rustang.
I want to get new subs because I dont really like my kickers... There good and all but arent DCs better? I want a sub that will POUND take abuse and sound decent

I really dont remmeber the brand name but its 2g and certainly enough Im just not sure why the battery goes dead but if you hit the fuse box one end closest to the battery will spark on the fusebox and all the lights will turn on and itll start again... I just dont want to disconnect it and have the car not start up... Will it be safe to disconnect?

ok... check your main run to the amp then... make sure it isnt grounding out and shorting somewhere... although, i dont forsee this being your actual problem (could happen, but not likely... that run of wire would have already got very warm, and possibly had the covering start to disfigure, or even melt)... now, the fact that you're getting a spark out of the fuse box tells me that your connection between wire and fuse is loose.... i would start there... if you find nothing, then you'll need to look a lil deeper into your car's electrical

ok... check your main run to the amp then... make sure it isnt grounding out and shorting somewhere... although, i dont forsee this being your actual problem (could happen, but not likely... that run of wire would have already got very warm, and possibly had the covering start to disfigure, or even melt)... now, the fact that you're getting a spark out of the fuse box tells me that your connection between wire and fuse is loose.... i would start there... if you find nothing, then you'll need to look a lil deeper into your car's electrical
Yea Its loose because the ******* person who was gonna jumpstart our car unscrewed it without disconnecting any terminals then it sparked and everything turned on so he shoved it in there and tightened it and I didnt even want to touch it since its our only car for now but right now untill I get my own car I feel like I just want to disconnect it and leave everything disconnected but I dont want to take it off and the car dies so what should I do?

the power wire running your amp should have absolutely nothing to do with the starting system... if you disconnect it, it should make no difference... you just dont get any power to your amp. If you disconnect it, and the car wont start... you have a HUGE issue with the wiring job that went into the car, and should just take it to a reputable shop, to have them fix it.

Well I was thinking that if the car dies and the fuse box starts it back up I didnt want to disconnect it but BMW wiring is expensive and tricky and thin and **** and im just not trying to have this go on

well... from the way you're explaining it, i'm thinking you're having a charging issue... and it was just coincidece that it started back up after messing with the amps power wire. that really should have no effect on starting the car. it could drain your battery, if there is a short... but other then that, it really shouldnt effect it. If disconnecting it inhibits the car from starting... you have MUCH bigger issues with the car's wiring, and should just take it to a shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.