sound quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris

dc
I have two 12" mtx 8000 subs powered by 1000d MTX amp. How careful do i have to be about blowing my subs? I have already blown one, and am to afraid to turn the gain up to get the most out of system. How do I know when I am powering my subs to the max? help!!

You should be able to tell just by listening. Set the volume of your deck up to 80%. Turn your amps gain ALL the way down. Then slowly proceed to turn it up. Once the subs begin to sound really bad, turn the gain slightly back, then you should be safe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

ok i get it dodge ram and full strip inside for second skin . power is run down drivers side and speaker wire is run down passanger side thank you
I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing. I referred to the hu voltage output being 3v-5v. This greatly affects sound quality having the...
Well i don't know. I don't consider myself better than a parish member if I was a pastor. But if the shoe fits, yes. Needing a new HU will give...
It surprised me as well. It is a Pioneer Appradio on a JL HD750/1. The adjustments I made were lower the 100Hz to 50% and raise the subwoofer...
Had a set of Ecplise 6x9's back in the day in my '99 Grand Cherokee. The SE8495s iirc those were so sweet sounding. Wish I hadn't sold the GC with...

About this thread

Chris

Chris
dc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BlackSunfireGT