Soundsteam ?????????????

ricktcole
10+ year member

I wanted to get some opinions on soundstream rub. & reference amps where I live there is only 1 car audio shop and they only Carry Kicker, MTX, & Memphis and I really don't care for any of them. so I've been looking on line and I'm relying on reviews and help from this form to decide on what amp I will buy.My budget is about $300 I know its not a lot but it what i got.So I looking for the most bang for the buck .Plan on powering Boston comp. and 1 Boston sub.Please help me decide.

if you can find a soundstream for the money you have to spend...and it'll do what you need it to do..buy it...keep in mind some of your set up in your car is in reality a reflection of you...what you put in it is a direct indication of what you like and how you like it..soundstream is a respected name and has been around for years..Ive done more than one build of my personal vehicles with soundstream amps..I like them and they look good in the car and are generally known to be a good product...they however will break if you abuse them to much! the older D and MC series stuff which are my personal favorites would go up in smoke if you did stuff with them that you werent supposed to do...keep in the operating parameters and you'll be fine...they sound great and in my opinion they are good amps...

Jason beat me to the punch....sounds like a heater core failure. Just to make sure....along the firewall, looking down towards the ground, you will see a bunch of hoses. They will be rubber mated to steel lines.

the reference uses darlington outputs, it also uses swiched rail voltage for increased effiency... isolated power/swiching supply.. not sure on the opamps but i imagine its bifet..

if they used good parts its going to sound excellent..

the rubicon is nothing special..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.