Speaker choice and installation help needed

I'm getting the new pioneer touchscreen double din. In my Camry I had 4 jbl 6x9s and they sounded pretty good. Is converting to 6.5 a difficult process? And why do they sound better them other size

its not hard ,just get the adapters .the reason they sound better is the preformance of the round speaker its self. some of the other more technical guys on the forum will prolly chime in on this

what we hear as music is actually the movement of air that vibrates your ear drum. What causes this vibration is the movement of the speaker cone causing compression and rarification(sp?) in the air around it. Round cones give a relatively equal movement of air from all points of the cone. Because 6x9's have the oval shape, the outside edges that have less surface area move smaller amounts of air than the inner area with larger surface area. The difference in the sound waves that project from the different areas cause acoustical issues.

I have held off on subwoofer installation and want to focus on a nice speaker setup for now. If I am going with components what are some good brands? I have no problem buying an amp if that will help. I listen to mostly country and rap.

Hybrid Audio Imagine are a great $200 convertible component set that sound good with litte power. Very efficient. Would make a nice drop-in replacement. 6.5 in front doors, tweeters in new locations using supplied mounting hardware, and 6x9 in rear for more bass response.

If you plan on adding a sub later, you can put 6.5 in rear.

I61–2 front

I69-2 rear

Or you could just drop I69-2 in front and rear. But the 6.5's have smoother midrange response.

Like I said before I am a fan of Hertz so I will be recomending the Hertz ESK or HSK component sets. While these will sound best with an amplifier, the ESK are pretty efficient and have worked well for people just upgrading the stock speakers. They are however not convertable components, the tweeter and midbass will need to be seperatly mounted

Thanks ill take a look at those. So the major companies that are known for subs don't really make the best speakers? Just curious because the shop I went to had mostly jl kicker alpine jbl etc speakers.

It really depends on how high end you want to go. Nicer Alpine, JBL, and JL aren't bad, but the brands I have seen recomended to you so far are superior IMO

imo the whole round oval debate is getting old. i've heard plenty of awesome sounding 6x9's. for example the ID XS69. that combo in itself sounds beautiful pair the mids up with horns it's even better.

Price doesn't really matter as long the speakers are worth the money but if there are higher quality speakers out there that arent the most expensive thats even better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.