Speaker choice and installation help needed

I'm pretty new to all this car audio stuff but like just a nice clean and clear sound, doesn't need to have excessive base or anything but just whatever will produce highest quality sounding music if that makes sense

If you are keeping your stock head unit(or stock amplifier, if applicable), find out what the rms wattage per channel is and match it up. If it has components in the stock locations go with that. If not, find coaxials. I would suggest the Boston SE line of speakers. Excellent sound for wallet friendly prices, and they don't require a lot of power to sound nice. Crutchfield has them on sale, too.
OEM Hu's put out about 3 watts a channel, so that's a no go :p But what you do want to look for if you aren't amplifying the speakers externally, are speakers with higher sensitivity ratings.

Thanks ill take a look at those. So the major companies that are known for subs don't really make the best speakers? Just curious because the shop I went to had mostly jl kicker alpine jbl etc speakers.
They aren't really known for their subwoofers :p The major companies are only major because they spend all of their money on advertising. They typically provide you with the worst bang-for-your-buck. Alpine's Type R subwoofers are good budget entry level woofers. Other than that, their HU's are decent. Their amps are fine, just way better can be had for less.

JL makes good sounding subwoofers for WAY too much money. And their amps are good too, just way over priced.

Kicker makes good amps and wiring. That's it. Both are a rip off.

JBL makes good stuff at good prices.

If you stick around in the hobby, you'll learn all the other brands that enthusiasts commonly use that are typically a much better product and value from every angle.

Ha yea I realized those aren't the top brands after that comment but I meant some more well known brands. Would your reccomend hertz as well or what brand for the type of sound im looking for?

ok so we got your looking for good sound, next questions what type of music do you listen to? do you have a budget in mind? are you looking to modify or just drop in replacements?

i ask these questions cus a challenger is one of my "dream" cars and i've done lots of research on them.

I listen to country and rap. I don't really have a budget but if I can get quality speakers without paying top dollar thatd be better. Replacements would be more convenient but if I need to modify to get the best sound then Ill do that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.