Speaker rms?

I'd be more concerned with something like a Boss amp just because you don't really know when its clipping because the distortion at higer power prior to actual clipping can be really high.

Set the gains right. With music, and correctly set gains you really don't have to worry too much about speaker damage simply becuase the actual power you are sending to the speakers is much less than the rated power ofthe amp.

Since were on this topic, if my front stage is 75 watts RMS and my rear is 125 watts RMS, and I give them all a 125 watts RMS from a 4-channel amplifier, would the front be seriously damaging, or will it be ok. I have 2 other 125 watt RMS speakers, but they dont fit in the front, should I throw the 4 channel at all the 125 watt RMS speakers and keep the front stage on a Boss Chaos 2 channel amplifier (I know, shitty) at 40 rms I think it is...maybe more, but not alot more. Any ideas?

Remember, I cant fit 2 of the 125 watts RMS speakers in the front due its size, while the other 2 125 watt RMS speakers are in my rear stage.

I'd be more concerned with something like a Boss amp just because you don't really know when its clipping because the distortion at higer power prior to actual clipping can be really high.
Set the gains right. With music, and correctly set gains you really don't have to worry too much about speaker damage simply becuase the actual power you are sending to the speakers is much less than the rated power ofthe amp.
Exactly the reason I use a 900w rms amp on 2 subs whose rated RMS combined is 500w. They slam like that and have yet to give me problems. The only time you ever get an amps rated power is with like test tones at max volume.

Since were on this topic, if my front stage is 75 watts RMS and my rear is 125 watts RMS, and I give them all a 125 watts RMS from a 4-channel amplifier, would the front be seriously damaging, or will it be ok. I have 2 other 125 watt RMS speakers, but they dont fit in the front, should I throw the 4 channel at all the 125 watt RMS speakers and keep the front stage on a Boss Chaos 2 channel amplifier (I know, shitty) at 40 rms I think it is...maybe more, but not alot more. Any ideas?
Remember, I cant fit 2 of the 125 watts RMS speakers in the front due its size, while the other 2 125 watt RMS speakers are in my rear stage.
If you want a decent amp for the speakers, i have one you may be interested in. Much better than that boss ****.

i know over powering a sub/ or spkr is bad ( sorry for jumping in on this thread mb i'll make my own) i have a zx850.4 (4 ch) amp is this too much ? for spkrs of course and zx1500.1 for 06DS12L52 ..... how do i know if im over powering them based on the gain?

i know over powering a sub/ or spkr is bad ( sorry for jumping in on this thread mb i'll make my own) i have a zx850.4 (4 ch) amp is this too much ? for spkrs of course and zx1500.1 for 06DS12L52 ..... how do i know if im over powering them based on the gain?
I'd also like to know how do I know if Im overpowering the speakers based on the gain too.

Anybody?

I'd also like to know how do I know if Im overpowering the speakers based on the gain too.
Anybody?
over excursion which im sure you will hear a mechanical noise. i would rather over power a speaker then under power it. just set your gains with the deck volume at the max you like to turn it up to. dial until you like the sound or it starts to distort which ever come's first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.