Speakers too big for door - Options

tsunam1
10+ year member

I bought a pair of ID CXS62 Speakers and they're too large for the door. The magnet is just too large for the metal opening. In order to make them fit I'd either have to cut a larger opening in the door frame or make a huge baffle

Cutting would probably be the easiest & best option cosmetically speaking. Does anyone have experience cutting into the metal of a door panel? Will i have any issues with the door's air bag? What tools would you recommend?

If I were cutting into my door panel I would use like a sawzall. I ran into this problem in my civic and just made some mdf rings and bolted them to the metal to give it a little more mounting depth. Just make sure your speaker isn't going to be hitting the inside of your door panel.

cut the metal in the doors with a air body saw (looks like a mini sawzall) i make my baffle rings for doors out of incerta, a type of abs plastic. wood does not belong in your doors!

Your magnet is bigger or deeper than this?

PIC-0271.jpg

Do this:

PIC-0412.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.