SPL Build Memphis or Soundstream

being a 4 door wagon tuning will probably be on the lower side. I would first try a new box and electrical upgrades. Your 2 12s on the jl should have no problem hitting a 140. Try a ported box subs up port back. Tuned around 42 hz is my guess for your car

Thanks I will work on those things. I am laying deadaner this weekend so that should help a little.

stick with memphis get 2 more pr s if you want upgrade to the m3s or c3s they really hit for price. build a good box run good wire extra battery and a matching memphis amp and you will sound good if you need help on specs for box let me know. im running 3 cm m3 modular 12in memphis mojos quad voice coils. on 3 memphis mojo 2500.1 amps. 6 batterys 320amp alternator etc.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

there much more reliable and efficient in a daily driver.

The higher end Memphis subs are quite nice. The ONLY soundstream worth touching is the XXX and I still wouldn't mess with that.

You are doing something dreadfully wrong if you're only mid 130's. With a good box you should be able to get 140 no problem with a pair of 12's and 1000W on tap. We did 141.6 with a single 12 in a prefab box on 1000W out of a trunk last year.

Thanks I will work on those things. I am laying deadaner this weekend so that should help a little.
what ideal said is a good start,, the pr's do good in ported it might take alot of trying but dont get to down on the pr's they can do pretty good for what they are. find the cars peak and work from there.

Just found out I have M1's not PR's. I was going off what the guy told me and never pulled the subs out of the box. I am sticking with my M1's and building a box now. I will be upgrading the electrical as well. The 1000w I have now is on borrowed time. Meaning when my buddy needs it he gets it back lol. I also have a Pioneer 760watt but I do want to switch over to Memphis amps eventually. Thanks everybody for the advice.

The higher end Memphis subs are quite nice. The ONLY soundstream worth touching is the XXX and I still wouldn't mess with that.
You are doing something dreadfully wrong if you're only mid 130's. With a good box you should be able to get 140 no problem with a pair of 12's and 1000W on tap. We did 141.6 with a single 12 in a prefab box on 1000W out of a trunk last year.
I didnt have the greatest power and ground wire. It has since been replaced. Also the amp was tuned WAY down. I didnt even know they were doing a sound off at the show. I found out and said lets do this. I know it will hit harder just need to get everything set up. Also the 135 was on music not tones. I still want to know what it does on tones. Sound comps arent to big in our area but between myself and one of the shops we are going to get it going.

That Pioneer 760 you have is only good for 190 x 2 @ 2 ohm and 380 bridged @ 4. ohm (I have the same amp and used it for front speakers in my last vehicle), Not exactly a subwoofer amp unless you're running Kicker Comps for something. Sell it on Craigslist, upgrade the amp and get a decent ported box built and you'll hit around 140, I'd be surprised if you didn't.

I didnt have the greatest power and ground wire. It has since been replaced. Also the amp was tuned WAY down. I didnt even know they were doing a sound off at the show. I found out and said lets do this. I know it will hit harder just need to get everything set up. Also the 135 was on music not tones. I still want to know what it does on tones. Sound comps arent to big in our area but between myself and one of the shops we are going to get it going.
talk to the shop ,i'm one of the nor cal db drag judges ,i can drive down and do a show ,no problem.tell the shop to give me a call and i'll discuss what it takes to do a sanctioned show. 650-483-4312 jim

That Pioneer 760 you have is only good for 190 x 2 @ 2 ohm and 380 bridged @ 4. ohm (I have the same amp and used it for front speakers in my last vehicle), Not exactly a subwoofer amp unless you're running Kicker Comps for something. Sell it on Craigslist, upgrade the amp and get a decent ported box built and you'll hit around 140, I'd be surprised if you didn't.
Yeah it wont be around long. But it came with the box. The subs sound decent with it but nowhere near comp level.

talk to the shop ,i'm one of the nor cal db drag judges ,i can drive down and do a show ,no problem.tell the shop to give me a call and i'll discuss what it takes to do a sanctioned show. 650-483-4312 jim
I will talk to him. I think we were going to try and do some local shows with his meter to get the interest going. I dont have alot of time though for this year because I am heading overseas in a couple months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.